Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that can be found at national and regional restaurants, hospitals and universities, movie theatres and major retailers in the U.S. and in more than 60 countries. At 15 manufacturing sites across North America, Ventura Foods creates dressings and sauces, mayonnaises, margarines, and oils that help our customers create great-tasting flavors with high-quality ingredients. Those same high-quality ingredients go into our own set of branded products, such as: Marie’s® dressings, LouAna® oils, Dean’s® dips and Gold n’ Soft® spreads. Our company is headquartered in Brea, California with operations across the U.S, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines and Singapore. Regardless of your role, function or location, at Ventura Foods, you'll be part of a supportive team dedicated to helping our customers delight their customers.
12 month rotational leadership development program for recent graduates, with initial goal of placement into the supervisor position, upon successful completion of the program (and a long term goal of elevated leadership within the organization). Participants spend approximately 4 months in each rotation with a focus on management training and project leadership, within any of the following functional areas: Quality, Maintenance, Supply Chain, Processing, Packaging, and Production.
- Key responsibility will be focused on CI project initiatives - with an emphasis on driving impactful solutions to identified challenges. Manages the project and is responsible for assessing potential solutions, recommending best approach by applying business strategy, presenting to and aligning with leadership, and implementation of actual initiatives. Responsible for the project timeline, budget, and delivery of results aligned upon with leadership.
- Partner with supervisor to plan, organize, and delegate work assignments that accommodate departmental schedules and to best utilize people and equipment, thereby meeting KPI's for departments, and striving for continuous improvement within department.
- Partner with supervisor to provide direction to employees/team and monitor job performance, inclusive of: problem resolution and continuous improvement efforts.
- Partner with supervisor to ensure food safety, product specifications, cost, and service level metrics are met. Follows and enforces all safety procedures within the facility. Inclusive of training personnel and enforcement of standards.
- Applies knowledge of processes and equipment functions to resolve issues and provide direction to employees. Proactively communicate any issues with meeting targets to site leadership. Makes recommendations for solutions, changes, and appropriate CI efforts.
- Partner with the supervisor to develop, implement, and improve job specific training to all employees, ensure overall conformance with all Company policies, Good Manufacturing Practices, and housekeeping.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with all Food Safety policies, procedures and regulatory criterion including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices, and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated Preventive Controls.
- Bachelor's Degree (targeting Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, and Food Science)
- 0 to 3 years experience in a manufacturing facility (targeting previous internship experience in a similar manufacturing environment within the food industry)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates and practices leadership
- Knowledge and experience in a similar manufacturing facility within the food industry
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.