Position is responsible for activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives. Provide direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. This position requires direction of separate production rooms staffed by hourly employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and delegate work assignments to accommodate departmental schedules and to best utilize manpower and equipment and thereby meeting OEE efficiencies and striving for continual improvement within department
- Provide direction to production personnel and monitor job performance. Communicate with personnel on any schedule changes and assist them in resolving production issues to ensure customer orders are completed on time
- Communicate in a timely manner with production manager, scheduler, and other management staff status of production progress keeping them apprised of any issues that may impact order completion
- Ensure product specifications are met and alerting production manager and quality assurance if product quality is in question immediately. Resolve quality issues through training of personnel and enforcement of standards
- Knowledgeable in all processes and equipment functions and tracks and resolves labor timekeeping issues. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of area
- Develop and implement job specific training to all employees, ensure overall conformance with all company policies, GMPs and housekeeping
- Is an advocate of safety within the facility and follows and enforces all safety procedures
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering
- Experience as a front line supervisor in a manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP and sanitation
- Must be able to communicate accurately and clearly both verbally and in writing using electronic media, telephone and direct contact with internal and external personnel
- Skill set must include strong analytical, observation, and coaching skills coupled with initiative to create and embrace change
- Knowledge of facility's packaging, equipment, and capacity is important
- Operate standard office equipment and demonstrate competency in the use of standard computer software applications
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.