Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that can be found at national and regional restaurants, hospitals and universities, movie theatres and major retailers in the U.S. and in more than 60 countries. At 15 manufacturing sites across North America, Ventura Foods creates dressings and sauces, mayonnaises, margarines, and oils that help our customers create great-tasting flavors with high-quality ingredients. Those same high-quality ingredients go into our own set of branded products, such as: Marie’s® dressings, LouAna® oils, Dean’s® dips and Gold n’ Soft® spreads. Our company is headquartered in Brea, California with operations across the U.S, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines and Singapore. Regardless of your role, function or location, at Ventura Foods, you'll be part of a supportive team dedicated to helping our customers delight their customers.
Develop and implement human resources policies, programs and services including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee relations, employee benefits, employment practices and procedures and employee communications. Serve as an internal consultant to facility management team, supervisors and employees on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships while fostering a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission outlined by leadership of Ventura Foods.
- Works with Plant Manager and other members of management in recommending new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of various departments and services performed
- Ensures uniform compliance with personnel policies by managing and reviewing all discipline, investigations and workers compensation claims while reporting findings to Plant Manager and involving Director Field Human Resources when necessary
- Responsible for managing overall performance, management and people planning and employee engagement efforts
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel to fill various job openings. Reviews job applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements
- Responsible for compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel and payroll matters and communicating those changes to appropriate staff
- Develops and administers various human resources procedures for facility and monitors to ensure proper implementation and interpretation. Directs and maintains health and safety program in compliance with OSHA and company standards ensuring a safe and secure working environment. Responsible for overall training and tracking efforts
- Oversees personnel record keeping related to new hire, employee review, promotions, transfers, employee benefits, separations and exit interviews
- Responsible for food safety by following and assuring compliance and implementation of all company policies including safety and HR policies and procedures and all applicable food regulations including all current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience in the human resources field
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, payroll and employee benefits
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to observe confidentiality
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulation or government law. Knowledge of employment law and other government compliance regulations
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.