Location: Brea R&D
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that can be found at national and regional restaurants, hospitals and universities, movie theatres and major retailers in the U.S. and in more than 60 countries. At 15 manufacturing sites across North America, Ventura Foods creates dressings and sauces, mayonnaises, margarines, and oils that help our customers create great-tasting flavors with high-quality ingredients. Those same high-quality ingredients go into our own set of branded products, such as: Marie’s® dressings, LouAna® oils, Dean’s® dips and Gold n’ Soft® spreads. Our company is headquartered in Brea, California with operations across the U.S, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines and Singapore. Regardless of your role, function or location, at Ventura Foods, you'll be part of a supportive team dedicated to helping our customers delight their customers.
Develop and implement human resources program, projects and services including; recruitment, selection, succession planning, employee relations, benefits, engagement, annual merit and performance management. The ideal hire will serve as an internal consultant to the Finance, IT, Legal, and HR and their functional leadership teams, managers and employees to foster a workplace environment consistent with the mission, vision and values of The Ventura Edge.
- Collaborate with the talent acquisition team and lead interaction with Hiring Managers to define optimum organizational structure, position specifications, sourcing, interviewing and Hiring of top talent as well as provide guidance and coaching as appropriate on talent and organization issues.
- Lead People (Succession) Planning for the functions to calibrate, identify high potential talent and ensure continued development and advancement of our People and the function.
- Act as trusted advisor and coach to functional leaders and managers around people management and coaching, individual development, organizational structure and team development, including work with them to manage and resolve performance and employee relations issues.
- Have the ability to successfully interact in a HQ/Corporate environment and relate at all levels. This individual will need to be professional, resourceful and display a consultative approach to daily work.
- Partner with the business to manage and improve key HR business processes (compensation planning, quarterly conversations, performance management, talent management, manager training, development programs, etc).
- Bachelor degree in related field – Master's degree a big plus
- Prefer 3+ years as a HR Generalist, prefer experience in an HQ/Corporate setting or demonstrated experience as a trusted HR advisor and/or internal HR consultant
- Experience or exposure to leading edge L&D programs preferred
- Must be familiar with HR technology (e.g., applicant tracking system, HRIS, performance management systems, benefits system, etc.)
- PC literate using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Focus – able to interact as a professional and company representative with internal & external customers to deliver an exceptional experience
- Communication – ability to act as consultant and coach, at all levels – from front-line employee to executive
- Teamwork - must be a team player and collaborative, with the ability to build and grow relationships, working with or as part of a team, all in an effort to achieve shared goals, and company objectives and results
- Adaptability - flexible and ability to adapt in a fast paced and growing work environment
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.