Ventec Life Systems is looking for experienced Respiratory Therapists to join our growing team of Clinical Liaisons. Team members will educate and train patients, caregivers, and hospital staff to use VOCSN, the first and only multi-function ventilator.
VOCSN defines integrated respiratory care by seamlessly integrating five devices - a critical care ventilator, oxygen concentrator, cough assist, suction, and nebulizer - into one simple, mobile device. VOCSN works across the continuum of care, from the hospital to home, and for pediatric patients weighing more than 5 kg to adults. VOCSN is designed to improve care for patients with neuromuscular disease (e.g., Muscular Dystrophy, ALS), impaired lung function (e.g., COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Lung Cancers, Emphysema), spinal cord injury, and pediatric development complication (e.g., premature births, Chronic Lung Disease). Patients can get all five therapies or just the mix of therapies needed.
VOCSN is more than 70% lighter and smaller than existing machines, features a nine-hour on-board battery, and is controlled through an intuitive touchscreen interface and user-friendly operating system. With VOCSN, caregivers can seamlessly switch between therapies with the touch of a button and no longer need to change the patient circuit between therapies. VOCSN enables caregivers to spend less time managing machines and more time caring for patients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience providing care and managing ventilators in both acute care/hospital and home environments
- Current Respiratory Therapy license
- College Degree
- At least 7 years of recent experience providing ventilator care
- Background inclusive of clinical instruction, charge, or lead duties
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Prefer both pediatric and adult skill sets
- Schedule flexibility is essential: A typical work week involves 8- to 12-hour days for 4 to 6 days per week and travel required as necessary
As a Clinical Liaison, you will work with our sales team to facilitate patient evaluations, provide clinical training, and perform installations in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and homes. Upon successful completion of training, you will be paid $1,000 to complete a 10-hour online training and a 2-day hands-on course. All travel expenses will be covered as appropriate. Note that this position is strictly clinical; no sales activities are required.