We are seeking a Software Developer to join our Technology department in Billings, Montana.
Our company is a leader in the professional employment industry and we are seeking talented, innovative, and methodical candidates to help drive our technical advantage. If you are looking for a dynamic environment that includes full lifecycle development, a variety of platforms and tools, unique daily challenges, and live in the Billings, Montana area, then look no further and apply today!
This junior to mid-level position will work closely with department leadership to maintain existing applications, build new pipelines to link disparate systems, write and maintain comprehensive documentation, and contribute to a positive team experience. The candidate will be working with external APIs and other third-party software. Some new application development for Avitus Group will be involved along with exposure to the business intelligence aspects of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide applications enhancements, development, and system support of production systems to deliver quality service to Avitus Group and its clients.
- Thoroughly tests and assists in debugging of integrations, API code, and business processes. Documents bugs, suggests fixes, and implements recommended changes from lead or supervisor.
- Writes technical and user documentation of existing and new software and business processes according to the company’s standards.
- Provide technical support in areas of applications and/or systems development and maintenance.
- Design, code, test, document, and install new applications and systems, or perform maintenance (i.e., changes, enhancements, etc.) to existing systems and applications as directed/required. Ensure full follow-through of product testing, delivery, and support.
- Ensure all development efforts are in accordance with guidelines of the company’s system development and coding standards.
- Act as liaison with internal departments, on-site Business Analysts, Project Managers, Lead Developer, and supervisors in developing/refining functional system design and business requirements.
- Responsible for developing new tools or processes for automation and improving work flow.
- Requires understanding of concepts and principals of SQL relational databases and accounting/financial applications. Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Requires occasional on-call support, including weekends and after-hours development and support.
- Builds reports from our SQL and other data sources for peers and leadership.
- Participates in Business Intelligence efforts in extracting, aggregating, and cleaning company data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Computer Science or related field of study from a four-year college or university and 2-5 years related experience with .NET, C# and T-SQL.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of the Windows operating system (PC and Server).
- Experience with WPF/XAML, ASP.NET MVC, Vue.js, LINQ, and Entity Framework.
- Experience with reporting and ETL software - SSRS (required), SSIS, and Kafka (preferred).
- Proficiency in the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Excelling in a team environment where strong collaboration, positive interaction, and high work ethic is essential.
- Application experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft CRM, or other ERP systems is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
We are seeking a driven candidate who is committed to a career in software development. Please submit your resume with a summarized cover letter describing your logical skill set and your professional goals.
Vensure Employer Services