Vensure Employer Services Manchester, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2004, Vensure Employer Services provides PEO solutions and human resource outsourcing to small and mid-market businesses across the country. Through its subsidiaries, including VensureHR, the company processes more than $9 billion in payroll and supporting more than 300,000 worksite employees. With services including payroll, medical and voluntary benefits, workers' compensation, risk management, and HR administration, Vensure companies support a broad spectrum of industries, allowing small business owners to cost-effectively manage HR functions and turn their attention to growth and profitability initiatives.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k w/match, PTO, paid holidays, and more!
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for responding to employee and employer questions relative to the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and resolves problems with benefit eligibility and enrollment. The administrator will work with vendors and carriers to resolve issues (correct payments, eligibility, premium reconciliation, etc.). The Specialist will assist getting the employee enrolled manually or via technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding employee benefits plans and vendors/carriers to communicate to employees and managers (plan provisions, eligibility, costs, when changes can (or may not occur)).
- Perform research to resolve problems with benefits eligibility or enrollment.
- Calculate retro-adjustments for premiums.
- Enter manual information into carrier or vendors system on a timely basis to make enrollments and assure employee data is accurate.
- Serve as primary contact for employees, managers, plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for assigned group plans.
- Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by other benefits staff.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers based on communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Provide suggestions to update and enhance these materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of benefit plan knowledge and designs.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and/or three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations preferred.
- Experience in benefits billing reconciliation
- 401K administration experience
Vensure Employer Services
BusinessView all jobs at Vensure Employer Services