The Billing Specialist will be responsible to initiate contact with patients to effectively explain the balance due and the options and process of making payment(s) in a professional and helpful manner. They must have the ability to provide solutions to the patient and assist in satisfaction of the balance or, if necessary structure payment plans.
- Responsible for ensuring all billing charges are captured in an appropriate manner
- Identifies, analyzes and reconciles billing errors or omissions
- Reviews patient account records and third-party payer issues
- Must possess the ability to follow processes and/or specific details in respect of client/customer accounts
- A high level of accuracy and quality control is required, including error free customer reports.
- Develops and maintain positive client-patient relationships.
- Must have the ability to retain multiple aspects of client requirements and carry out assignments with minimum guidance/supervision
- Accurately document and maintain records within multi-systems: ERM/Billing Platforms
- Accurately interprets and answer patient invoicing questions in respect of invoices and EOB’s
- Builds and maintains a professional rapport with patients, providers, clients and team members to resolve any patient questions
- Accommodates schedule changes when necessary being flexible/versatile/reliable and trustworthy in the performance of the job.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum 2+ Year Degree and/or combination of education or experience in RCM healthcare-patient receivables.
- 2+ Years’ experience working with RCM medical software – billing/coding
- ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) billing preferred
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel, Work and Outlook skills
- Language fluency in Spanish is a plus