We have a tremendous opportunity for a full-time Accountant to play a vital role on our Governmental Accounting and Consulting Team. As an Accountant, you will be responsible for contributing to the successful completion of multiple engagements while ensuring delivery is consistent with Supervisor and client expectations. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in a high-paced, ever changing client-service environment.
- Analyzing financial and statistical data leading to the development of various reports to management, as well as cost reports filed with the Federal and State Governments.
- The use and modification of firm computer models; Microsoft Excel skills needed include knowledge of: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, as well as other formulas.
- Working closely with Supervisors, as well as staff to assist with planning and completing engagements.
- Other specialty projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- High level of computer proficiency and skilled in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. client presentations and written reports).
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours at peak client service delivery times.
- Some Team travel in NYS will be required.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Seek involvement in professional and community organizations.
Hours Of Operation
Our office hours are between 7:00-9:00 am to 4:00-6:00 pm; 8 Hours per Work Day – 40 Hours Per Week.
Venesky & Company annually invests in the latest and best technology and equipment. We encourage all staff to contribute to a positive and productive environment where everyone can be innovative and strive daily to make everything they touch better. A culture of hard work but a company where we can enjoy our time together and prosper as a Team. We offer an excellent compensation/benefits package including a competitive salary, PTO, health insurance, and a retirement savings plan match. For detail company information visit www.venesky.com.