Vendor Direct Solutions is a market leader in law firm and organization information management consulting and outsourcing. We are currently looking for an experienced full - time Office Administrator to work at an established client law firm in West Los Angeles.
Vendor Direct Solutions is not a temp or staffing agency; We are a full/part-time employer and offer competitive benefits, including 10 paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life Insurance, and 401(k)..
This position will manage the overall office operations. The Office Administrator will report to Director of Operations and will work closely with law firm management. As a member of the firm’s administrative management team, the Office Administrator manages and/or contributes to the following: recruitment, training and development of staff, quality control, and organizational development, firm planning processes, secretarial supervision, budget, facilities and office services.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Human Resource Management: Includes supervising office administrative team members, recruiting, selection, orientation, training and development, performance evaluations, salary administration, employee relations, motivation, counseling, disciplining, discharging, benefits administration, workers’ compensation, job design, resource allocation and other human resource management functions for the secretarial, paralegal and administrative support staff.
Financial Management: Budgeting for office operations and employee relations, overseeing office accounts payable and office trust accounts, and other financial management functions as needed.
Facilities and Office Services Management: Includes space planning and design, purchasing, inventory control, copy, records storage, reception/switchboard services, equipment leases, housekeeping, catering, mail, messenger and other facilities and office services management functions.
Other Management: Working with the information technology and records management, office automation and other systems management functions. Assists with special projects as needed.
- Minimum 3 years office management experience. Hands-on medium/large law firm management strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of Human Resources knowledge and experience preferred.
- Must have experience managing business operations such as human resources, technology, facilities, etc.
- Must have the ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems in management areas and be able to recommend and implement solutions.
- Must have dynamic interpersonal skills and the presence to partner with all attorney and consulting professionals. Must also be able to maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with lawyers, consulting professionals, support staff and other peer managers/directors throughout the organization.
- Must display excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Law firm management experience highly preferred.
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills and good presentation/Facilitation skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college or university with major course work in business administration or management, finance, human resources, or technology.