Integration and Testing Senior IT Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Velos, a full-service consulting and engineering services firm representing leaders in the defense, aerospace, intelligence, and related industries, is hiring an Integration and Testing Senior IT Systems Administrator on the OMES II contract in support of the OSAM-1 program in NASA's Exploration and In-Space Services (NExIS) projects division at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Systems Administrator will provide IT support and team management for the OSAM-1 Integration and Test (I&T) subsystem. The OSAM-1 I&T subsystem performs the integration and test of all OSAM-1 hardware including the servicing payload and spacecraft bus.
Job duties include:
- Support the integration and test of all OSAM-1 hardware systems
- Support the development of the OSAM-1 I&T IT infrastructure
- Assist OSAM-1 I&T management in managing and directing the I&T IT team
- Work with the OSAM-1 ground element IT infrastructure engineers to establish infrastructure that meets the needs of both sides of the OSAM-1 program
- Perform senior-level Windows, Mac, and/or Linux/Unix system administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, and maintenance
- Identify and implement system and process-level improvements including providing recommendations to purchase and then implementing hardware and software solutions
- Develop and implement strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software
- Design and development of innovative solutions that are reliable, scalable and configurable
- Patch, upgrade, and configure software and operating systems to comply with GSFC IT security policies
- Port software between different platforms and operating systems
- Install application software and computer hardware
- Diagnose and resolve computer and networking issues for local and remote users
- Execute and manage system backups
- Automate routine administration processes to improve efficiency
- Maintain the operational environments once they have been established
- Interact with GSFC network personnel to resolve problems related to DNS, routing, firewalls, and planned outages
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation providing off-hours support
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in computer science or closely related field with nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Relevant experience and familiarization with system architecture and organizational structures
- Proficiency with operating systems across various platforms and versions (RHEL and Ubuntu Linux, OS X/macOS, and Windows) and familiarization with interoperability methodologies
- Knowledge of various networking technologies, hardware, and software
- The ability to plan and coordinate implementations across multiple locations and/or interconnections with other network environments
- Knowledge of Federal information security guidance
- Knowledge of and work consistent with industry best practices in accordance with government regulations
- Understanding of DNS, firewalls, and TCP/IP network administration
- Experience maintaining network backups and logs of multiple systems
- RAID configuration and troubleshooting
- Basic computer hardware maintenance (e.g. drives and fan replacement)
- Experience with enterprise virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Ability to assess complex problems and propose practical solutions
- Ability to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise
- Strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives
- Strong ability to collaborate and interact with SSPD/OSAM-1 team members
- Advanced programming/automation skills
- Experience with tools such as ansible or puppet
- Network experience (Juniper preferred)
- *nix experience (RHEL and/or Ubuntu Preferred)
- VMware experience
- Experience with PIV / Smart Card authentication
- Experience with basic manipulation of public/private keys
- Knowledge of continuous integration (CI) services, software configuration management (CM), and bug/issue tracking systems
- Knowledge of software version control systems and services
- Experience with system and application-level containerization technologies
Velos (VEE-los), meaning "arrow" in Greek, truly symbolizes who we are as a company. Whether helping leaders in the defense sector navigate the ins and outs of Washington or assisting the aerospace community with hiring the right technical experts, we're on target every time, always aiming higher to protect and serve this great country we call home.
Velos offers a competitive benefits package including PTO, 401K, and health benefits. We know our team is more than just the job we do, which is why we support education advancement with our tuition reimbursement program.
TechnologyView all jobs at Velos
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?