Electrical Engineer (Test) for the Robot Electronics Unit (REU)
- Posted: over a month ago
Velos, a full-service consulting and engineering services firm representing leaders in the defense, aerospace, intelligence, and related industries, is hiring and Electrical Engineer (Test) for the Robot Electronics Unit (REU) on the OMES II contract in support of the On-Orbit Servicing Assembly and Manufacturing OSAM-1 program NASA's Exploration and In-Space Services Projects (NExIS) division. This position is located at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.
The engineer will support the OSAM-1 REU team. The OSAM-1 REU subsystem provides the electrical design, integration, test, and delivery of the electronics that drive OSAM-1's two robotic arms. This candidate will primarily support testing of electronic board-level and box-level assemblies through flight verification, but may also support analysis, design, or assembly as required.
Job duties include:
- Manage test scripts and related documents using GIT repository concepts.
- Develop and run automated test scripts written in a GSFC develop scripting language (STOL) used for testing flight hardware.
- Support post test data reduction and analysis.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the REU design and requirements.
- Contribute to the electrical, test, and integration of hardware.
- Work with testing and validating existing designs, but understand hardware and design processes to execute redesigns if necessary.
- Follow all project requirements for documentation configuration management and software version control.
- Direct troubleshooting efforts to locate faults or design flaws.
- Manage conceptual design, trade studies, drawing generation, documentation release, and testing requirements.
- Incorporate engineering change notices and feedback into the iterative processes for design changes.
- Coordinate manufacturing of hardware and harnesses with onsite fabrication resources and offsite vendors.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or closely related field with 5+ years of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Experience in analysis, design, documentation, assembly, and/or test of PCBs.
- Desire to function in a test/assembly/integration capacity, but also ability to execute changes to existing designs.
- Design, test, and analysis experience for both analog and digital circuits
- Motor controller experience.
- Experience with hardware integration and test, system verification and validation, and systems engineering, preferably at NASA or in aerospace.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems using various types of test equipment.
- Experience in executing tests, including functional testing (front-end, back-end, and performance testing).
- Experienced at authoring and maintaining project documentation.
- Strong proficiency in resolving technical and schedule issues in order to ensure that deliverables are met on schedule.
- Proficiency in advising management, inside and outside own organization, on system architecture, technical results, or risks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain NASA Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) certification (GSFC-SH-ESDCO300 300-PG-8730.6.1A*).
- English proficiency is required to successfully complete the required training and pass testing (written and/or hands-on) to obtain the certification.
- OrCAD, AutoCAD, PSpice, Labview, and Visio software experience.
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies and Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) racks.
- Experience using data reduction and analysis tools.
- Familiar with design of electrical interconnects for spacecraft.
- Demonstrated ability to develop requirements, design documents and test plans that comply to higher-level specifications.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to electrical design.
- Familiarity with MIL standards and requirements, NASA standards and requirements, AS9100 or ISO 9001.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing-project planning, scheduling, resource management, materials ordering, inventory management, and quality functions.
- Experience with NASA mission life cycle and review cycle (design reviews, requirements reviews, integration reviews, trade studies, etc.).
Velos (VEE-los), meaning "arrow" in Greek, truly symbolizes who we are as a company. Whether helping leaders in the defense sector navigate the ins and outs of Washington or assisting the aerospace community with hiring the right technical experts, we're on target every time, always aiming higher to protect and serve this great country we call home.
Velos offers a competitive benefits package including PTO, 401K, and health benefits. We know our team is more than just the job we do, which is why we support education advancement with our tuition reimbursement program.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Velos
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?