Electrical Engineer, Integration and Test (I&T)
- Posted: over a month ago
Velos, a full-service consulting and engineering services firm representing leaders in the defense, aerospace, intelligence, and related industries, is hiring an Electrical Engineer, Integration and Test (I&T) on the OMES II contract in support of the On-Orbit Servicing Assembly and Manufacturing (OSAM-1) program NASA's Exploration and In-Space Services Projects (NExIS) division. This position is located at NASAGoddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.
The engineer will support the OSAM-1 I&T team in the electrical discipline. The OSAM-1 I&T team provides integration and test of various OSAM-1 subsystems.
Job duties include:
- Design, buildup, and engineering oversight of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) that will be used to support I&T activities. This could include EGSE racks, FPGA systems, harness design, as well as box-level and board-level work.
- Box-level testing and troubleshooting of electrical ground support equipment and flight hardware (electrical integration, functional testing, and environmental testing)
- Board-level testing and troubleshooting of electrical ground support equipment and flight hardware (electrical integration, functional testing, and environmental testing). Specifically, the engineer will be responsible for evaluating the engineering unit designs, and testing and troubleshooting the engineering units.
- Write test plans and oversee testing to demonstrate and/or qualify designs
- Compile and analyze test data, use the results to assess and improve product designs
- Work with manufacturing vendors on board layout and build. Define layout constraints and provide oversight to electrical design and layout personnel. Support boards through manufacturing.
- Support NASA design reviews (i.e. test readiness, peer review, and CDR)
- Support day-to-day integration and test activities for OSAM-1
- Provide expert electrical advice and support during the entire life cycle of test development and execution
- Coordinate with test conductors and other project engineers
- Assess complex issues, recommend resolution to the team and management, and implement resolutions
- Present status, issues, and risk to internal I&T management
- Ensure that the quality, accuracy, and integrity of the I&T technical documentation, reports, and deliverables comply with NASA and Restore-L standards, project plans, and policies
- Support environmental testing
- Write and review testing procedures and Work Order Authorizations
- Work with and direct technicians
- Work in lab and cleanroom facilities with hardware, ground support equipment, and test equipment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or closely related field with 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience in analysis, design, documentation, assembly, and test of EGSE-type equipment, preferably at NASA or in the aerospace industry.
- Experience with electrical hardware integration and test, system verification and validation, and systems engineering, preferably at NASA or in the aerospace industry.
- Experience in testing and writing automated tests, test development, managing test runs, tracking test results, troubleshooting, and measuring progress.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems using various types of test equipment.
- Experience in executing tests, including functional testing (front-end, back-end, and performance testing).
- Experience working with program requirements, equipment performance specs, wire connection lists, schematics, wire gauge sizing, connector selection and related cabling, harnessing documentation, and grounding schemes.
- Experienced at authoring and maintaining project documentation.
- Proficiency in advising management, inside and outside own organization, on system architecture, technical results, or risks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain NASA Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) certification (GSFC-SH-ESDCO300 300-PG-8730.6.1A*). English proficiency is required to successfully complete the required training and pass testing (written and/or hands-on) to obtain the certification.
- OrCAD, AutoCAD, PSpice, Labview, and Visio software experience.
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, VHDL
- FPGA design, build or programming experience
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies and Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) racks.
- Ability to assess design requirements to generate a design and documentation using standard industry tools/programs.
- Familiar with design of electrical interconnects for spacecraft.
- Demonstrated ability to develop requirements, design documents and test plans that comply to higher-level specifications.
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to electrical design.
- Familiarity with MIL standards and requirements, NASA standards and requirements, AS9100 or ISO 9001.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing-project planning, scheduling, resource management, materials ordering, inventory management, and quality functions.
- Experience with NASA mission life cycle and review cycle (design reviews, requirements reviews, integration reviews, and trade studies).
Velos (VEE-los), meaning "arrow" in Greek, truly symbolizes who we are as a company. Whether helping leaders in the defense sector navigate the ins and outs of Washington or assisting the aerospace community with hiring the right technical experts, we're on target every time, always aiming higher to protect and serve this great country we call home.
Velos offers a competitive benefits package including PTO, 401K, and health benefits. We know our team is more than just the job we do, which is why we support education advancement with our tuition reimbursement program.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Velos
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?