Position: Senior Accountant
Supervisor Responsibility: No
This position can work remotely but we have a preference to hire someone in Toledo or the surrounding area.
Position General Summary:
The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller / Treasurer and will also assist the CFO and Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis with maintaining the Company’s accounting records and assisting with preparation of the consolidated entity’s monthly financial statements. The Senior Accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. Will require strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. High attention to detail and organizational skills will be required to manage detail-oriented tasks and assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting the Controller in all aspects of month-end, quarterly and annual closing including journal entries and preparation of required financial statements
- Preparing and maintaining supporting workpapers for various general ledger accounts and posting manual journal entries
- Coordinate and contribute to the annual external audits
- Responsible for providing support to various aspects of the accounting department, which include, but are not limited to, accounts receivable/payable, credit card transactions, cash receipts, monthly bank other account reconciliations and journal entries related to both treasury and corporate accounting. This position will also monitor and maintain institutional level accounting and financial policies, procedures and reporting system
- Assistance with preparation of the Velocity monthly financial statements
- Reviewing and reconciling bank and loan statements on a monthly basis
- Liaison to local and state tax authorities
- Produce accurate accounting reports for division as needed
- Perform special projects and analysis as directed by management
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
- 5+ years in public accounting or corporate level accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience directly engaging with senior management to develop and implement strategies
- Experience in a high-growth company undergoing transformation and change
Aside from working with a great team we also offer great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurances offered first day of the month after hire
- Generous PTO and Company Paid Holidays
- 401K (Company Match up to 4%)
- Life Insurance, STD/LTD (100% Company Paid)
- Work at home opportunity through 2020
Velocity delivers a streamlined, single-source approach to managed services for over 15 years – continually earning the trust of its growing client base in the retail, hospitality and motion picture industries. With an in-house team of seasoned software development and engineering experts and numerous hardware and software design and utility patents, Velocity offers highly customized, customer-focused and best-in-class solutions, by integrating the latest technologies available into all its product offerings. From development to implementation and upkeep, Velocity manages all aspects of the service and deployment, allowing customers to keep their focus on their core principal business priorities. Velocity’s core services include network management, connectivity and telecommunications, on-site repairs and service, and field project rollouts and implementations.
Based in Holland, Ohio, right outside of Toledo, Velocity is a privately held company with approximately 500 employees. The company has 13 redundant data centers, more than 5,500 certified technicians throughout the U.S., and 450 carrier agreements and is a CLEC in all 50 states. Further information can be found at www.velocitymsc.com.
VelocityVelocity delivers a single-source approach to managed services, continually earning the trust of its growing client base in the retail, hospitality, healthcare, and entertainment industries. With an in-house team of experienced software development and engineering experts, Velocity delivers customized, customer-focused, and best-in-class solutions by integrating the latest technologies into all its product offerings. Velocity also manages digital signage and DOOH media solutions within the same verticals. Founded in 2005 by Greg Kiley, CEO, Velocity is a privately held company with approximately 500 employees. Headquartered in Holland, Ohio, with offices in Kansas City, Charlotte, Miami and San Antonio. The company has 13 redundant data centers, more than 5,500 certified technicians throughout the U.S., and 450 carrier agreements and is a CLEC in all 50 states. For more information, visit www.velocitymsc.com.