Job Id: 223 # of Openings: 1
- Act as a communications consultant to the organization, helping to drive the business priorities and providing input and editing of internal communications, intranet postings, emails, PowerPoint presentations, leadership talking points, etc.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional leadership members in the development of communications strategies for various key initiatives.
- Manage content of the companys internet, helping various departments to develop and maintain information, communications, and content on the companys intranet.
- Identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels
- Develop, maintain and improve the internal communication tools; SharePoint, Email, etc which facilitates the sharing of information and encourages employee engagement
- Adhere to all organizational brand usage guidelines, including developing brand guidelines and templates.
- Develop and manage content to the organizations current and future social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and emerging networks).
- Manage and review content for organizations public-facing website, update with fresh content on a regular basis.
- Identify stakeholders and target audiences and encourage engagement. Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate constituency groups. Represent the organization at various events, on committees, at meetings, etc., as appropriate. Work with a variety of individuals and groups across the organization in a constructive and civil manner.
- Assist in budget development for organizational marketing and communications efforts and provide projections and recommendations.
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, media, journalism or related field preferred. Comparable education and experience will be considered.
- Several years of professional experience in internal/corporate/employee communications
- Experience directly engaging with senior management to develop and implement strategic communication strategies
- Demonstrated experience with print and digital publishing, social media platforms and developing presentations using various software.
- Experience translating complex information into relevant language according to the audience; including a proven track record in creating and writing compelling, sustainable and relevant communication materials
- In-house corporate communications experience preferred
- Proven storyteller capable of creating a strong narrative
- Excellent analytical skills for tracking, measuring and reporting
- Requires a high level of personal and professional integrity and accountability
- Strong analytical skills and adept in interpreting strategic vision into an operation model
- An exceptional communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written and persuasive skills
- Demonstrated presentation experience and understanding of building multi-faceted communications campaigns
- Ability to translate complex concepts and data into graphically appealing and easy-to-understand presentations
- Experience in partnering with internal strategic partners and external vendors to develop and enhance learning content
- Strong relationship and client management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency
- Business acumen with ability to understand complex issues, provide strategic counsel to leadership, develop and execute a strategy, anticipate response and act accordingly
- Strong creative writing, editing, strategic planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to communicate to a global audience
- Ability to manage complex/sensitive communications while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Experience managing multiple projects at once while driving transformation
- Ability to create communication strategy and execution plan
- Strong project management skills, from concept to planning to implementation
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting information to develop strong key messages
- Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving and organizational abilities, big picture thinker
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
VelocityBased in Holland, Ohio, right outside of Toledo, Velocity is a privately held company with approximately 500 employees. The company has nine redundant data centers, more than 5,500 certified technicians throughout the U.S., and 450 carrier agreements and is a CLEC in all 50 states. Velocity delivers a streamlined, single-source approach to managed services for over 15 years – continually earning the trust of its growing client base in the retail, hospitality and motion picture industries. With an in-house team of seasoned software development and engineering experts and several hardware and software design and utility patents, Velocity offers highly customized, customer-focused and best-in-class solutions, by integrating the latest technologies available into all its product offerings. From development to implementation and upkeep, Velocity manages all aspects of the service and deployment, allowing customers to keep their focus on their core principal business priorities. Velocity’s core services include network management, connectivity and telecommunications, on-site repairs and service, and field project rollouts and implementations. Further information can be found at www.velocitymsc.com