Job Id: 258 # of Openings: 1
ES Support Shift Supervisor is a supervisory position in a 24/7/365 Call Center. The primary job function is day to day supervision of the Call Center. Shift supervisor works directly with Call Center personnel to ensure they are performing to stated standards and procuring additional training as needed. This position also ensures personnel work schedules are filled out, shifts are staffed, and overall needs of the department are met. The majority of your time will involve supervising and supporting those assigned to your charge, ensuring stated policies and procedures are being followed, handling scheduling issues, and interfacing with the Call Center Manager. The Shift Supervisor will be expected to cultivate a thorough understanding of all facets of the department and its workings. Strong attention to detail, leadership and communication skills are required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obsession with excellent customer service.
- Oversee day-to-day needs of the department on assigned shift
- Perform regular quality checks to ensure customer service standards.
- Guides, mentors and develops the Call Center personnel, and sometimes takes corrective action.
- Conduct regular meetings with Team Leads and Tier 2 to ensure productivity and department growth.
- Works closely with ES Support Manager to develop/improve procedures and SLAs.
- Identifies ways the Call Center can continuously improve.
- Schedule employees based on the needs and requirements of a team/project.
- Authorize breaks to ensure proper coverage on the floor.
- Maintains and reviews employee attendance records
- Work with ES Support Manager to perform annual and regular employee evaluations.
- Performs special tasks and other duties that are assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Qualifications, Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates or BA degree preferred
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Must be well organized; demonstrate good communication skills
- Must have knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Must have knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Previous supervisory experience of 1-2 years is preferred
- Strong leadership abilities a must.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Detail and goal oriented.
- Ability to multitask and keep the team focused.
- Ability to assist in training personnel
- Handles stressful and challenging situations with confidence and professionalism
- Able to develop and communicate processes and SLAs.
VelocityBased in Holland, Ohio, right outside of Toledo, Velocity is a privately held company with approximately 500 employees. The company has nine redundant data centers, more than 5,500 certified technicians throughout the U.S., and 450 carrier agreements and is a CLEC in all 50 states. Velocity delivers a streamlined, single-source approach to managed services for over 15 years – continually earning the trust of its growing client base in the retail, hospitality and motion picture industries. With an in-house team of seasoned software development and engineering experts and several hardware and software design and utility patents, Velocity offers highly customized, customer-focused and best-in-class solutions, by integrating the latest technologies available into all its product offerings. From development to implementation and upkeep, Velocity manages all aspects of the service and deployment, allowing customers to keep their focus on their core principal business priorities. Velocity’s core services include network management, connectivity and telecommunications, on-site repairs and service, and field project rollouts and implementations. Further information can be found at www.velocitymsc.com