Software Engineer - Autonomous Equipment and Robotics
Velocity Works, LLC Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a robotics software engineer that has worked in machine automation and autonomy software? We are looking for someone with at least two-years of professional experience!
In this role you will:
- Develop machine automation & autonomy software including perception, mapping, and path planning using geometric based, machine learning and fusion techniques
- Complete of all aspects of software development including requirement review, effort estimation, design, reviews, programming, functional testing, and release.
- Collaborate with various team members to design, prototype, test, deploy and productionize automation & autonomy software
- Design, program, and unit test efficient software that satisfies programming standards, conforms to defined architectural structure, and meets functional requirements.
- Design software interfaces to Integrate custom and COTS components: sensors, controllers etc.
- Perform reviews and functional testing of peer software as needed to support team based agile software practices.
- Occasionally participate in system/architectural design efforts for core control software.
- Comply with version management and development branching policies using Git.
- Some domestic and overseas travel is possible.
- BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Vision, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Science or Computer engineering degree
- BS with 4+ years’ of experience or MS with 2+ years’ industry experience in Robotics or Autonomous vehicle domain including Perception, Path Planning and Positioning
- Strong hands-on programming skills with C++ is a must
- 2+ years’ experience developing algorithms/software working with Lidars, Cameras and Radars
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Machine learning and deep learning techniques is a plus
- Experience developing with MATLAB, and Python beneficial
- Experience working with GPUs, CPUs and FPGAs is a plus
- Experience with ROS, CUDA, OpenCV, and containerization
- Familiarity with safety critical system design and industry standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of common machine control sensors, actuators, and other typical control devices.
- Experience with database systems and cloud computing is a plus.
Powered by JazzHR
Velocity Works, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Velocity Works, LLC