Perception Software Engineer (Aerospace)
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Velocity Works is excited to announce a new opportunity for a Perception Software Engineer to join our client in the space industry. Our client, a leading player in research and development for space robotics, is seeking a talented engineer to help them develop solutions for space robotics, planetary landing, and satellite sensing applications.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with world-renowned experts in perception, robotics, and space applications across NASA, industry, and university centers to design, implement, test, and maintain cutting-edge applications and algorithms. You will also have the chance to gain experience moving these technologies from the lab to real use cases, all while working in a collaborative and challenging environment.
- Solve problems with software in various areas of robotics
- Write understandable software components and tests
- Maintain software throughout the development lifecycle
- Work cross-functionally with other engineers and teams across the organization
- Contribute to both early-stage R&D and more rigorous flight programs
- Recent experience programming in C++, C, and a continued interest in developing software
- Working knowledge of common data structures and algorithms
- Ability to work and make decisions independently given reasonable direction and support
- Proactive communication habits
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Mathematics or a related field, or equivalent proficiency
Nice to Haves:
- Background in robotic state estimation, guidance, or control systems, sensor processing
- Python experience for prototyping, scripting, and analysis
- Experience designing software systems
- Deep technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: robotics, embedded systems, computer vision, LiDAR, deep learning, guidance navigation and control
- Relevant publications or targeted experiences
- Master's or Ph.D. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Mathematics or a related field, or equivalent proficiency
Velocity Works, LLC
Get fresh Perception Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.