Do you want to join an established, 10+ year-old team that operates like a startup? At Velocity Squared, we use the latest technologies to solve unique challenges for our customers, and we have fun doing it.
Velocity Squared is looking for smart, excited, and creative interns to help get new projects off the ground. We are a small team with very few boundaries on our roles and almost zero ?policies? but we work with large clients who have some very large, complex, and challenging projects. At Velocity Squared, we use innovative processes and the latest technologies to build web based solutions that solve challenges for our customers, while always making our developers? needs a priority.
We want to hire smart, problem solvers, and we work hard to develop mutual trust and respect with each and every employee.
What to Expect
- Work closely with the team on anything from new feature development to investigating and fixing bugs to developing automated test suites
- Use the right tools for the job--we?re developers too and enjoy taking advantage of the latest tools and frameworks
- A casual, comfortable work environment (shorts are the norm)
- Most weeks we go to lunch together at least once and the company picks up the tab
- Like everyone else, we have a fridge stocked with free drinks (but ours also has beer)
- Working towards an Engineering, CS, or related degree
- Genuine curiosity and enthusiasm for software development both personally and professionally
- Have the ability to solve problems independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Permanent legal right to work in the United States
- Eager to learn and always curious about how things work
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to respectfully disagree with colleagues and discuss issues on their merits
- Experience with Microsoft C# / .NET / SQL Server
- Experience with Entity Framework or Web Services
- Experience with Git / GitHub and/or Mercurial
- Experience with other programming languages (PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud solutions like AWS or Azure