Velocity Rail Solutions, Inc. is an A. Stucki Company, with a history dating back to 1911. Velocity has long term fixed contracts with Class I Railroads to fuel and/or service locomotives using specialized equipment. We have dedicated trucks that operate 24/7 365 days a year. We work in all types of weather and our work is not seasonal. Pay you can count on!!!!!!!
We are hiring two Class A CDL driver with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements for our Walbridge, OH location. We have straight PM shifts available and a combination schedule with both AM & PM shifts. Must be available to work Nights and Weekends!
- $56.7k+ Holiday Pay
- Local-Home Daily
- Long term fixed contracts
- Consistent paychecks
- Consistent 60-60-48 hour schedule with set days off
- We are on duty for 12 hours a day and overtime is paid after 40 hours
- Accrued PTO beginning your first day
- Paid holidays
- Excellent benefits with low deductibles and copays (health, dental, vision, and 401K)
- Rewarding work with a great team of individuals
- On the job training
- And most of all Stability!!!
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
· First and foremost, work safely at all times without incident. You are empowered to STOP work at any time due to unsafe conditions.
· Follow step by step procedures when fueling and servicing locomotives.
· Fully loaded and readily available, while on duty, to answer customer dispatches and respond in a timely manner.
· Provides complete and accurate fuel accounting paperwork in the prescribed manner within established timelines.
· Wears all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
· Conducts pre and post shift vehicle and equipment inspections.
· Use worker protection when required and follows all customer safety rules and regulations.
· Controls, contains and reports any spill or incident (operational and/or safety related) immediately to management.
· Assists with light maintenance and upkeep of the vehicles and equipment.
· Assists with cleanliness and organization of company provided office space, storage, etc.
· Ensure all training is current and kept up to date.
· Is a reliable, safe, and positive team member that demonstrates their commitment with proper attendance, verbal or written communication, and conduct.
· Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager or Site Leader.
· Must have a Class A CDL with hazardous materials and tanker endorsements.
· Must meet all refinery carding requirements and maintain current refinery certifications at all times
· Must be able to clear all background checks required by the company, customer and government.
· Individuals are responsible for maintaining all required licenses and certifications at all times.
· Must be able to read, write and understand English.
· Must be reliable and dependable.
· Must know when to ask for help.
· Moderate computer skills are required.
· Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
· Should be willing to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. Shifts may rotate.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Able to consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on and off elevated surfaces
- May have to walk long distances on paved or unmaintained or uneven surfaces
- Able to climb in and out of a truck cab multiple times per shift, and climb a ladder or steps 10 or more times per day
- Able to drive and work outside in adverse weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous & dry bulk materials
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
Velocity Rail SolutionsVelocity Rail Solutions is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Velocity Rail Solutions is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.