- Posted: over a month ago
The Controller plays a critical role in strategic decision making and operations as the company continues to undergo rapid growth. The Controller position is a hands-on, participatory leader who, along with the CFO, will lead the Finance and Accounting Teams, and will have a successful track record in setting priorities; as well as excellent analytic, organization, and communication skills. The Controller is responsible for supervising the accounting department, which will include establishing and maintaining organizational structure and staffing as well as selecting, training and mentoring of accounting staff, as needed.
Position Reports To:
Chief Financial Officer
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience preferred.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years previous accounting experience; at least two (2) years experience as an Assistant Controller
- Management experience building and leading accounting teams;
- Experience with high growth life sciences company/inventory management;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) a plus
- Previous experience working in a SOX environment with compliance responsibility is prefered
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge of Excel and significant experience with large enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and accounting software packages required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills are required
- Working knowledge of financial concepts, theory, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- General ledger and other accounting systems experience (Quickbooks);
- Strong experience with large enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and various accounting software packages.
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient accounting close on a monthly basis;
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments
- Manages accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, treasury management, procurement and general ledger accounting;
- Enhances accounting department's use of software and integrates software into accounting processes and procedures;
- Performs technical accounting issue research and resolution as necessary;
- Assists the CFO with preparation and completion of the fiscal year budgeting process, evaluates business unit performance against budget, and develops forecasts/reforecasts to provide an accurate projection of financial performance.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP;
- Supervises the preparation of the monthly management financial reporting package, including variance analysis;
- Reporting of operational data to key members of leadership team, including key metrics on inventory
- Coordinates the creation of periodic Board of Directors reporting packages;
- Manages the annual financial audit process performed by our independent CPA firm.
- Develops, analyzes, documents and implements internal controls;
- Develops, maintains and enhances accounting and finance policies, processes and procedures to comply with US GAAP;
- Seeks opportunities to revise or create new policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting group.
- Responsible for local, state and federal tax compliance and reporting (including payroll, property and sales and use tax compliance and reporting);
- Manages preparation of regulatory filings;
- Manages debt covenant reporting;
- Establishes and implements short and long-range accounting department goals, objectives, policies and procedures;
- Manages projects and initiatives as assigned
Velocity Head of Department
Velocity Clinical Research
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Velocity Clinical Research
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?