Since 1943, Veg-Pak Produce Ltd. has provided its customers with only the highest quality fresh produce and customer service, and is recognized as being a leader in this industry. We take pride in knowing that we work as a family to bring your family the finest in fresh produce. The love and passion we have for fresh produce is reflected in our Harvest Fresh brand.
Throughout the years, we have adapted to meet the changing needs of our customers in the produce industry. Our products are packed daily to make sure our consumers get the best quality produce.
We are seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Assistant at our 25 Belvia Rd (Etobicoke, ON) location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the inspection of incoming materials/products and finished produce products. The role would assist in many functions in accordance with company standards and SQF Level 3 regulatory requirements to ensure safety and quality of employees and products. The position will be expected to participate in monthly plant inspections, customer and third-party audits, be an active member of the food safety team, and ongoing development and revision of quality control procedures.
This role would report into the Quality Assurance Manager.
The duties and responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists QA Manager and Plant Manager with special projects;
- Conducts various production samples to perform physical, chemical and microbiological testing, including carrying out the required analysis and ensuring that it is appropriately documented;
- Oversees all quality and food safety functions at all Veg-Pak Produce Ltd. foods production facilities and warehouses;
- Participates as an Active member of plant food safety and employee health & safety teams;
- Participates in monthly self-inspection program;
- Assists in scheduling inspections, summarizing results, assigning corrective actions, and verification of completion;
- Understands and implements Food Safety plans, based upon principles of HACCP and SQF level 3 requirements;
- Champions quality and food safety initiatives to monitor and document product, facility and worker compliances
- Generates master production records and other documentations;
- Oversees all HACCP plants, pre-requisite quality programs, and all quality/food safety related programs to meet regulatory and/or customer requirements;
- Performs and documents in-process quality checks;
- Performs and documents facility, equipment and environmental monitoring;
- Oversees materials management for sanitation of equipment and production areas;
- Ensures completion of QA/QC tasks assigned by management; and
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to work weekends and work flexible hours starting at 6:30am;
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology and/or Microbiology;
- Minimum one (1) year experience in food laboratory testing procedures;
- Experience in quality control in the food manufacturing industry;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing quality related programs within the manufacturing environment is considered an asset;
- Experience working in HACCP certified environment;
- Knowledge of GMP’s and food safety rules / regulations;
- Experience with plating micro samples and using aseptic technique;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English communication;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
This position will start as soon as possible.
Kindly forward your resume via email, using the subject line “Quality Assurance Assistant Position – Reference Number VEG-181011”.
For more information, check us out online at www.vegpakproduce.com
Job Type: Full-time