Veev San Mateo, CA
- Posted: May 26, 2021
We currently have an opportunity to join our growing legal team in the San Mateo office. We are seeking a candidate with at least 4 years of legal experience in the areas of corporate securities, compliance and other public company requirements. Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills, be team players and want to be a part of a high-paced legal team in a growing and dynamic office. The position will provide day to day counsel, guidance and support related to the Company (including its subsidiaries and affiliates) and is responsible for providing professional legal advice to the Senior Management Team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Job functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist the General Counsel with matters of legal significance to the organization including risk management, legal compliance in respect to business activities, expansion and M&A activity, product protection, employee safety, and consumer protection.
Possess a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the company's businesses and all legal documents pertaining to the businesses.
Assist the General Counsel with management of all local, state and federal filings; including licensing forms, required to maintain the legal good standing in the areas in which the company operates.
Create and set up new entities.
Perform legal research and provide legal advice and assistance to other departments and operation units.
Review and draft agreements and other documents as directed including, but not limited to the following functional areas: Customers, Finance, Vendors, Intellectual Property and Real Estate.
Keep abreast of standard practices and trends affecting the company's industries.
Advise the organization about government regulations and legal rights.
Understand and be able to translate into “plain English” the legal ramifications of varied legal issues (including regulatory requirements) and clearly and succinctly articulate risks.
Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise-level objectives.
Requirements, Knowledge, and Experience
- Juris Doctorate Degree from a fully accredited school approved by the American Bar Association (ABA), admitted and in good standing in at least one state bar is required (California preferred); and a minimum of four years’ experience in a law firm or start-up environment.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion with ability to identify problems and initiate corrective action.
- Self-starter, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver high quality work on tight deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and applicable legislation affecting the operations.
- Adaptable and flexible to operate with minimal direction and little or no supervision while working in a complex and changing environment.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities with emphasis on problem-solving and negotiation, with the ability to explain complex legal concepts to employees and staff at all levels.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, and various legal case management systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contracts and insurance documents.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff at all levels, both internal and external.
- Ability to travel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Employee must be able to travel via multiple modes of transportation.
Benefits Eligible for this Position
Insurance Benefits for you and your eligible dependents (Health, Dental & Vision)
Choose from six (6) different health plan options
Stock Options in a pre IPO company!
Paid flexible vacation time
Paid sick time
10 Company Paid Holidays
Cell Phone Stipend/Company Cell Phone
Other Company Benefits
Counseling Services - professional online counseling platform at no cost
Discount on Veev/Reali products and services for employees, friends, and family
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Veev, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principle of equal employment and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. Veev, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment because of any protected status.
AddressSan Mateo, CA
LegalView all jobs at Veev