Veestro is the top direct-to-consumer, plant-based prepared meal company in the US.
We are a Food Manufacturing company experiencing high growth. This company truly values its team and is committed to improving people’s health as well as the environment.
This position will direct all aspects of food operations: cooking and assembly, quality control, safety, ingredient procurement, warehousing, and distribution. This role will drive strategic initiatives in support of expansion and growth. The Director of Operations will be responsible for the management of all operational activities including; budgeting, sourcing, inventory management, cost reduction opportunities, continuous improvement, and strategic planning.[S1] This position drives the company's success by ensuring consumer protection and satisfaction as well as operational efficiencies. The ideal leader will have 10 plus years of experience in a food manufacturing setting with a focus on management.
-Direct and oversee the company's operational strategic plans for future growth.
-Establish a continuous improvement culture that delivers a world-class production process by engaging team members across all product lines.
-Responsible for the Safety, Sanitation, Cost, Quality, Delivery, and Inventory targets.
- Oversee all hiring and training of team members
-Define resource needs of the plant such as raw materials, labor, equipment and other such areas as needed.
-Develop action plans with Production, Shipping/Receiving, Purchasing, Human Resources and Maintenance to influence the performance of each department toward established goals.
-Budgeting, KPI development, and forecasting process.
-Develop metrics and return on investment (ROI) before recommending projects to determine business expectations. Analyze realization of measurements upon completion.
· 10+ years food manufacturing experience, with at least 7 years in operations management
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Food Science, Operational Leadership or related required, MBA preferred
· Experience with lean principles or Continuous Improvement Implementation experience in a food production setting preferred.
· Demonstrates strong business vocabulary, grammar, and communication skills.
· Comfort in an entrepreneurial and high growth environment.
· Ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities
· Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail essential
· Strong leadership skills
· Fluent in Spanish[S2] a plus