Engineer \(Mechanical\) \- Full Performance \(FP\) providesmechanical engineering project management expertise\. The incumbent managesclient facility operation and maintenance \(O&M\) operations and facilityrecapitalization projects including building renovation and constructionprojects\. The Engineer \(Mechanical\) \- FP responsibilities include, but notlimited to:
Overseeing and coordinating operations, maintenance, repair,engineering, and inspections of all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning\(HVAC\), plumbing equipment, and mechanical rooms\.
Directing and coordinating activities with the trade shops,including prioritization of work, review of ongoing projects, and inspection ofinstalled equipment\.
Managing, processing, and coordinating mechanical workorders, service orders, and projects\.
Developing cost estimates, documents, and reports\.
Coordinating energy program and analyze utility costs\.
Additional Engineer \(Mechanical\) \- FP responsibilitiesinclude but not limited to:
Reviewing electrical and mechanical engineering drawings forany changes to the government's facilities\.
Overseeing and coordinating electrical and mechanicalengineering work orders, service orders, and projects\.
Conducting quality assurance reviews of on\-site O&Mcontractor on behalf of the government\.
Inspecting equipment including facility mechanical andelectrical systems\.
Serving as essential personnel in the event of an emergency\.
Working nights and weekends, as required, for operationalnecessities\.
Traveling domestically or overseas for the Government, asrequired\.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: 100%\.
Provide engineering review, coordination, and oversight ofoperations and maintenance, repair, and construction work
Oversee and coordinate work orders, service orders, andprojects
Coordinate energy program and analyzing utility costs
Manage project design and/or construction efforts, toinclude schedule, funding, and day\-to\-day project oversight
Integrate and coordinate projects with field personnel
Provide official weekly project status reports
Assist the client's Contracting Officer \(CO\) and ContractingOfficer's Technical Representative \(COTR\) with acquisition planning, executionand administration
Provide invoice supporting information to the COTR forpayment
Optimize performance, cost, and schedule by ensuring projectobjectives are achieved on schedule and at the lowest cost compatible with userrequirements
Ensure timely input of all data, comments, and documentationinto MAXIMO software project management tool\. This requirement applies to allprojects, work orders, and tasks across the project lifecycle\.
Prepare Contractor Performance Report \(CPR\) upon contractcloseout
Laptop and desk computer\.
Civilian or military equivalent Organizational Clothing andIndividual Equipment
U\.S\. Government leased, owned, and rented vehicles\.
Valid, current U\.S\. Driver's License
U\.S\. citizenship required
Work in an operationally\-sensitive environment
Operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copymachine and printer\.
Work well in team environments including demonstrate theability to function independently with minimal supervision\.
May be required to successfully complete a thorough medicaland psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and an extensive backgroundinvestigation\.
Able to lift twenty\-five percent \(25%\) of his/her bodyweight over his/her head
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have Valid U\.S\. Driver's and be able to obtain an International Driver's License
- Must have a valid US Passport
- Project Management Professional \(PMP\) Certification desired
- AutoCad certification desired
- Professional Engineer \(PE\) Registration desired
Must have an current, adjudicated, and active TS\-SCI w/Poly
- Seven \(7\) years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Two \(2\) years of specialized experience in the assigned field \(e\.g\. high voltage power, mechanical systems, fire protection, construction, etc\.\)
- Professional Engineer \(PE\) Registration desired
- Using MS Project or other PM software such as MAXIMO
- Supporting, including managing commercial or government facilities\-related construction projects
- Working in a operationally sensitive environment\.
- Using AutoCAD, managing major building renovations and recap projects, and conducting reviews of engineering drawings
- Coordinating activities with architecture, engineering, real estate, construction, and space planning efforts, and all clients\.
- Managing major building renovations and recap projects\.
- Conducting reviews of engineering drawings\.
- Supporting and managing major recapitalization \(recap\) projects and building renovation projects\.
- Coordinating activities with architecture, engineering, real estate, construction, and space planning efforts, and all customers
- Coordinating operations, maintenance, repair, inspections for all equipment and mechanical rooms\.
- Using MS Office \(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook\), Adobe Software, and a PC \(Windows based\)\.
Program management techniques
Operate MS Project or other PM software such as MAXIMO
Excellent time management skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
strong critical thinking skills
Read and understand AutCAD drawings and blue prints
Communicate well verbally and in writing at all organizational levels
Work independently and as a team player
Work nights and weekends for operational necessities, as required
Continue developing professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on\-the\-job experience
Handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results
Demonstrated ability to pursue and maintain professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on\-the\-job experience
Job: Information Technology
Title: ENGINEER MECHANICAL
Location: DC\-Washington DC
Requisition ID: MIS000048
Clearance Level required at Start Date: TS/SCI with Poly
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual\. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encoura