Electrical Test Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Develop a detailed in-depth knowledge of the product, its functionality, and the product testers
- Daily coordination with the Production Agency to support production assembly and testing process
- Analyze production test data to troubleshoot issues
- Develop troubleshooting, rework, and retest plans for failing product
- Create, and review Engineering Authorizations as needed in order to disposition units to continue in production
- Periodic travel to support troubleshooting, project meetings, and other production support requirements
- Frequent coordination with team leadership and systems engineers to answer product-related questions
- Occasional coordination with surveillance engineers to coordinate necessary future support.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related STEM field; or equivalent experience and education in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Ability to troubleshoot Electronic circuits based on test data
- Experience with Lab test equipment (Power supply, Oscilloscope, Load)
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q - level security clearance.
- Technical backgrounds in complex electronic components, including the circuit board design and analysis of electronic controllers.
- Simulation (SPICE, etc.) experience
- Experience with NI Diadem software tool
- Demonstrated skill in writing and verbal communication, including the development and delivery of presentations, proposals, reports, specifications, test plans, and other documentation.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated abilities in effective leadership, negotiation, delegation, and conflict resolution in diverse team environments.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities and to successfully multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities while meeting deliverable deadlines.
About Our Team
The NW Controllers and Surveillance Department is responsible for the design, development, and support of electronic subsystems that manage the arming and fuzing functions of the nation's nuclear deterrent. The department specializes in analog and digital circuit design, as well as integrating software to control and test real-time embedded systems. The department is also responsible for the ongoing surveillance activities required to maintain the active stockpile's arming and fuzing electronic sub-systems.
Organization 5358 - The Inertial Integration and Qualification Department is responsible for the research, design, development, production support, and surveillance of inertial sensor products for Nuclear Deterrent Fuzing applications.
Currently, the team supports the production of the MC5002 / MC5002A Path Length Module as part of the common fuzeeffort for the Mk5 W88 Alt 370 AF&F and Mk21 AFA for the SLBM and ICBM legs of the nuclear weapons stockpile triad. The department also has responsibility for stockpile surveillance and management of the legacy Mk5/W88 MC3813 Force Balanced Integrating Accelerometer and the Pathlength Module. Finally, the team has responsibility for future weapon system research and development for future ND Systems, including the W93. Essential capabilities include technology evaluation, subsystem design and qualification, test system development, product realization, and stockpile management.
Vector Resources is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Vector Resources are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct, or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status, and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Vector Resources, Inc
Get fresh Electrical TEST Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.