Project Coordinator/Land Development
- Posted: over a month ago
Vector Civil Engineering provides due diligence, design, and permitting with a focus on mitigation of risk and constructability. Our team of engineers seamlessly executes projects from site due diligence through design and permitting to ensure each project runs smoothly and meets the client's expectations. We apply our full-scope experience in build-to-suit development to deliver a unified product that we, and our clients, can take pride in.
We are currently searching for a Project Coordinator to join our growing team, adding to our due diligence investigation and engineering team for land development projects. In this position, you will collaborate with members of our other divisions on a variety of development projects. We have a broad range of interesting project types for public, private, and institutional clients including retail, early education, life sciences, office, and industrial uses. We work throughout Florida and in selected locations across the southern and eastern United States. In this role, you will initially support many of our projects in the planning stages.
- Aid in completion of preliminary due diligence for land development including, but not limited to, land use and zoning, access management, physical site evaluation, available utilities, and building requirements.
- Research elements of Comprehensive Plan and other Land Development Regulations to assist in the preparation of conceptual site layouts.
- Communicate with state and local municipalities as required to determine the status of site access, utility connections, and other existing infrastructure availability that may need to be provided or extended with the proposed development.
- Obtain various development fees including permitting, traffic concurrency, impact fees, utility connection fees, building permit fees, and other potential extraordinary costs associated with development.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with appropriate governing agencies to obtain information required to complete the due diligence report.
- Assist project managers in obtaining consultant proposals and tracking deliverables for engineering design projects.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants for deliverables on engineering design projects.
- Prepare and administer permit application packages throughout the entitlements process for engineering design projects.
- Work with all development teams including real estate, title, architectural, and construction to identify essential elements for successful project completion.
- Assist department manager with general administrative duties, including but not limited to, software subscriptions, client proposals, monthly billing, and project tracking.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- PC proficiency to include (but not limited to) Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of CAD/Bluebeam/GIS mapping tools is a plus.
- Results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of code research and project management.
- Ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and execute those tasks.
- Highly self-organized with the ability to create/present/maintain organizational structures.
- Ability to maintain a focus on both the big picture and the details.
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional relationships with other departments while ensuring accountability for deadlines and commitments.
- Must be able to maintain a positive and productive work attitude and a team-orientated mindset with the ability to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors, governmental agencies, and clients.
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds
Vector Civil Engineering is unlike other engineering firms in that we have the unique advantage of being part of a vertically integrated commercial real estate developer, Concept Companies. This allows us access to an array of services within the development and construction industry that an engineering firm would not typically have. We understand the ever-changing climate of land development, and we rise to that challenge by having full-scope consideration throughout the construction process, fostering an on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Vector Civil Engineering
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?