Munitions Specialist (A3TW)
- Posted: over a month ago
Headquarters, Air Combat Command (ACC), Directorate of Operations (A3), Flight Operations Division (A3T) at Langley Air Force Base, VA is responsible for the combat readiness and training of the Combat Air Forces (CAF). ACC/A3T provides the operational expertise required to meet current and future needs of the CAF by developing, coordinating, and publishing command guidance for all aspects of CAF fighter aircrew training.
Analyze, develop, and evaluate detailed plans, goals, and objectives for long-range implementation of assigned Lead Major Command aircrew munitions programs.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree (Bachelor's Degree is desired).
- Recent (within past 5 years) related Air Force Munitions program management experience.
- Seven years' operational experience working Air Force munitions programs at the MAJCOM level or higher
- Seven years' HAF/MAJCOM experience with munitions planning for training, deployments, and exercises
- Seven years' experience using the Air Force Ready Aircrew Program (RAP), Tactical Air Missile Program (TAMP), Ready Aircrew Forecasting Tool (RaFT), Agile Munitions Support Tool (AMST) (Level 2 or higher), and PPBS experience including fiscal planning/forecasting budgets for Program Objective Memorandum (POM)
- Provide the experience and expertise necessary to support the effective and efficient management for training, Serves as the USAF lead for the Test, and Training aircrew munitions using the Ready Aircrew Forecasting Tool, combat Fly-Away munitions and Tactical Air Missile Program (TAMP) management tasks facilitating system development, integration, testing and/or evaluation of munitions and tactics used for readiness and other combat-oriented exercises and training, exploration of new operational concepts and testing and/or demonstrating of new and legacy munitions, and asset positioning/bed down plan development all IAW with AFI 11-212.
- Serve as a primary team member on the HQ AF Non-Nuclear Consumable Annual Analysis (NCAA) WRM modelling team providing projected force structure, weapons integration schedules, projected munitions inventory's, support equipment availability data and weapons loadout data.
- Analyze and evaluate program operations, management and organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of munitions requirements and allocations across the USAF.
- Resolve munitions funding and programming issues as they pertain to the execution of the current fiscal year budget and the programming of the Future Years Defense Program (FYDP).
- Study objectives are to improve operations, weapons, weapon systems, weapons systems support, training and strategy; and to furnish data for higher-level headquarters decisions.
- Promote interchange of information on requirements, capabilities, deficiencies, and technology applications in the area of specialization.
- Analyze problems discovered in prior studies or actual operations and advises higher levels of management on the feasibility of different approaches which provide a basis for better planning of operations.
- Document planning and programming decisions in appropriate formats to meet Air Force and Major Command Requirements.
- Develop annual training munitions requirements using the Ready Aircrew Forecasting Tool (RaFT), combat Fly-away requirements, consolidate USAF test munitions requirements, identifies non-standard or emerging operational munitions requirements, assesses impact on assigned programs, and develop supportability recommendations.
- Analyze problems created by the incompatibility of future programs and initiate corrective action with government concurrence.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff offices to ensure that all major areas of concern are covered by planning and programming documents.
- Actively participate in strategic planning to improve organizational direction and focus using strategic planning tools and techniques.
- Advise Branch Chief in the integration of munitions requirements into the annual fiscal programs, e.g., Program Objective Memorandum (POM).
- Assist the organization by evaluating modifications to existing plans in response to changing environments.
- Accomplish all duties in managing USAF aircrew test & training, combat Fly-Away, and current operations allocation levels, analyze usage levels of munitions assets, maintain on-hand balances of munitions assets in the base stockpile.
- Validate allocation transfer requests (ATR), Out-of-Cycle requests (00CR), and monitor after action reports (AAR) using Agile Munitions Support Tool (AMST).
- Apply Strategic Alignment and Direction (SA&D) and Lean techniques to ensure plans, policy and directives are meeting goals and objectives to achieve AF strategic vision.
- Actively participate in the AF Tanks, Rack, Pylons, and Adapter management programs ensuring compatibility with legacy and immerging munitions/missiles.
- Serve as the operational technical representative for aircraft weapons and stores configuration management issues.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- TS/SCI security clearance with SAP access
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing, in person and through technological mediums such as email, videoconferencing, and by telephone.
- Working understanding of common Microsoft Office suite programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to complete the essential duties of the position
- Ability to work virtually using common technological mediums such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom
Position is contingent upon award of contract to VectorCSP.
To apply, please go to https://vectorcsp.applicantpro.com/. For assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department by telephone at (252) 337-5120 or by email at email@example.com.
Vector CSP, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reasons prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V.
VectorCSP is a federal contracting small business based out of North Carolina. We help our nation's military and government leaders realize the Cost, Schedule, and Performance goals of their organizations through our expert integrated logistics, engineering, training, and strategic program management support.
We offer Medical, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Dental, 401K, PTO, and Tuition Reimbursement to those who qualify.
Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/VectorCSP/ & follow us on LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/vectorcsp/
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?