Advanced Distributed Learning Technical Writer
- Posted: over a month ago
Requirements: Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
Job Summary: Provide Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) technical writing support services.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess Bachelor's degree, preferably in English.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years technical writing experience including drafting written documents and briefing materials, studies and analysis documentation, conducting document review.
- Experience performing technical writing experience in US Coast Guard, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Homeland Security is desired.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience using Microsoft Office to perform collaborative review and editing of materials supporting development of ADL.
- Must possess at a minimum two (years) prior experience with:
- Developing written documents and briefing materials expected.
- Supporting working groups, studies and analysis, and document reviews as it pertains to curriculum development. Experience in the creation of document templates and style guides.
- Following style guides and Data Item Descriptions.
- Recognizing grammatical and formatting errors in client document deliverables.
- Working with developers and engineers in the support of technical documentation.
- Comprehensive editing to review both content (for completeness, accuracy, and appropriate language) and form (for organization, visual design, and usability)
- Proofread by comparing final versions of documents with marked-up versions to ensure all corrections have been made.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Initial review and copy-editing activities in conformance with U.S. Coast Guard structured writing template and U.S. Coast Guard Training System (TRASYS) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Volume 5, Resident Instruction. Copy-editing guidelines include checking for grammar, punctuation, and syntax. Upon completion of first level editing, documentation is ready for Beta and/or Pilot testing.
- Verification of reference materials listed in all course artifacts. Reference materials include DHS and Coast Guard directives and guidelines, industry mandates and publications, Commandant Instructions, manuals and notes, unit instructions, and other publications.
- Structural formatting of all source documentation to ensure that there is consistency within a complete set of educational materials. Structural formatting includes the proper use of headers/footers, configuring and generating a final table of contents, and verifying pagination in preparation for final approved versions.
- Regulate final approved versions of all material at the completion of the development cycle. Technical Writers coordinate with the ISDs to verify deliverables promised to the requesting program or training center. Ensure print-ready PDFs of all material, and maintain content management of all source material
- Document revisions by means of Curriculum Change Requests.
- Navigation and efficient use of USCG software programs (e.g., TMAPS) for reference materials to ensure technical and content accuracy.
- Provide technical writing and editing in support of product development, generating project documentation and report deliverables. These shall be accomplished using software, hardware, and other tools readily available within USCG or specified in the BPA Call.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of products prior to delivery to USCG.
- Participate in reviews.
- Perform lifecycle maintenance on text documents as required.
- The Vendor shall provide editing of all ADL related material developed by FORCECOM.
VectorCSP is a Federal contracting small business based out of North Carolina. We help our nation's military and government leaders realize the Cost, Schedule, and Performance goals of their organizations through our expert integrated logistics, engineering, training, and strategic program management support.
We offer Medical, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Dental, 401K, PTO and Tuition Reimbursement to those who qualify.
Position is contingent upon award of contract to VectorCSP
To apply, please go to https://vectorcsp.applicantpro.com/. For assistance please contact our Human Resources Department by telephone at (252) 338-4255 or by email, email@example.com.
Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/VectorCSP/ & Follow us on LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/company/vectorcsp/
Vector CSP, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reasons prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EducationView all jobs at Vector CSP
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?