Collections Specialist - Accounts Receivable & Customer Service
Vector Airport Systems Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Collections Specialist, your primary responsibilities will be collecting payments as quickly as possible on all past due accounts, 30+ days or older as well as taking in-coming phone calls for billing related inquiries. Foundational to being a collections specialist is the ability to multi-task, maintain supreme organization, be a team player, and precisely and chronologically document any account’s activities using Vector’s internal software platform. The right candidate has related experience and an intuitive sense for knowing when to quickly escalate a call, email, or a particular account to the management team.
This job is fast-paced, complex, and requires a steady focus with intuitive software skills and the ability to learn new, non-linear concepts quickly. It is unique and for that reason we have interested candidates complete a couple of tests, in addition to interviews and a team Q&A. (Further details are in the last section of this document)
Pay and Benefits: If hired, conversion to $50,000- $55,000+ USD per year base salary and:
- 401k w/company matching
- Platinum-level health plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off “PTO”
- Flexible Spending Account "FSA”
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Work alongside a team of driven and knowledgeable collection and account specialists in a growing department of 6-10 people
- Career-development opportunities for those who excel in this position
- Direct Mentorship - Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Business casual dress code; Advance notice is given for occasions that require business or business formal attire
- Parental leave
- A cultural focus on people and results - not bureaucracy and arbitrary rules
- Work/Life Balance is respected and encouraged
- Be part of a team that works hard, enjoys time together, and helps each other succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: Plan, prioritize and schedule your own tasks
- Company-wide team outings & events (socially distanced)
- Office is loaded with beverages, coffee, and snacks (whenever we do return to the office)
At least 4 years of professional, full time experience (in the last 8 years) with the following-
- Collections center experience AND
- Bookkeeping experience AND
At least 1.5 to 2 years of professional, full time experience:
- Working in a small business (not department) of less than 50 people
- Maintain Vector’s 99.6% collection success rate for all of our client airports
- You will be expected to make no less than 25 outgoing collection calls per day, after receiving proper training on our internal software platform, known as “PlanePass Back Office.”
- Vector’s database has over 100,000 aircraft operator accounts.
- Utilize your verbal and written communication skills to collect on accounts while: 1) professionally and succinctly convey a sense of urgency, 2) creating a positive rapport: This rapport should motivate account holders to not only pay their current account balance, but to pay future balances in a timely manner.
- You will also be expected to give input on improvements for your role and the department
- Training for individuals with the rightskill set typically takes 1-2 weeks with outgoing calls being made after one week of full-time training.
Collections Specialist responsibilities
- Conduct custom collections efforts on outstanding accounts using phone calls, emails, and if applicable, standard USPS mail correspondence.
- Perform research on accounts, using company records and Internet resources that are made available
- Follow the collection methods, customer service, and corresponding internal software steps developed by Vector that lead to achieving or exceeding collection goals.
- Respond ASAP but at least within a few hours to any operator or client inquiry concerning account or collection questions. Responses should take less than 1 business day, or you are expected to ask for help from the team if this deadline cannot be met.
- Work closely with team members to find greater efficiency, new methods, or software interface improvements to bring in more revenue and find success as a group – Vector is all about teams working to achieve greater outcomes.
- Solve problems quickly and create sustainable resolutions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but directly relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's will be considered
- At least 4 years of recent (in the last 8 years) of professional, full time/mostly-full time bookkeeping responsiblities for a business
- At least 4 years of recent collections (in the last 8 years) experience with proven success in collecting on accounts
- At least 1.5 to 2 years working for a small business
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 - Word, Excel, Outlook, and OneDrive)
- Ability to work autonomously with efficiency
- Exceptionally strong ability to think critically and non-linearly
- Excellent multi-tasker who can juggle various ongoing needs with success
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in workflow
- A personality that works well with all types of people and gives the benefit of the doubt to others
- A team-player attitude that puts the goals of the company, department or team before their own personal desires
Before an initial interview takes place, you will be asked to complete:
- An online software skills test for MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- A sample account log with questions about the log: This is to test your deductive reasoning and analytical skills.
- Both of these tests require your working email address
If you pass the tests, an initial online video interview will be scheduled.
If the video interview(s) is satisfactory, there is an in-person interview and a meeting with the team to ask questions and receive insights.
- Before the in-person interview, you will also be required to complete a job application which asks for your two most recent professional references from direct supervisors or managers as well as permission for Vector to conduct a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
We highly value safety and have been working remotely since March 2020. We will eventually return to the office in some capacity. At the moment, any employee who shows a completed vaccination card to HR can work at the office.
Vector Airport SystemsWhy Work Here?
Vector has one of the best positive and supportive work cultures! Hard work and a team attitude is recognized, valued, and rewarded.
950 Herndon ParkwayHerndon, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Vector Airport Systems