Vaughn Industries, LLC Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vaughn Industries is a family owned construction company headquartered in Carey, Ohio that has been in business over 56 years. Our company was built through a deep commitment to its customers for quality service and to its employees for a safe workplace where they can create a successful future. We offer careers in Electrical, Renewable Energy, Mechanical, and High Voltage construction trades. Vaughn Industries offers great wages and a full benefit package to all full time employees! Our culture is Safety Quality & Customer Satisfaction.
We currently have an opening for a Project Assistant. We are looking for someone who is willing to travel to various jobsites in and around the Columbus area & surrounding counties. The main role of a Project Assistant is to assist the Project Management Team in the administration of construction projects.
Requirements of a Project Assistant
· High school diploma or equivalent- required
· Valid Driver’s license
· Excellent communication & organization skills
· Strong technology skills- Microsoft office suite, apps, mobile devices
· Experience in the construction industry a PLUS!
· The ability to work well with all levels of management and staff including customers, vendors, contractors
· Willing to travel daily to jobsites in & around Franklin County
Duties will include:
· Assist project management personnel in the administration of construction projects and manage day to day activity for construction projects as assigned by the operations team
· Administer hours tracking, material/inventory tracking, rolling completion lists, onsite orientations
· Monitor site personnel for timely reporting of attendance
· Ensure all employees’ administrative requirements are properly filled
· Manage electronic project documents such as contracts, change orders, invoices, reports, safety documentation, email correspondences, O & M Manuals, record and as built drawings, etc and distribute documents to appropriate personnel
· Document and track potential change orders, document approved change orders; file electronically and distribute
· Submittal review & processing
· RFI management
· Provide timely and accurate accounting of invoices and assist with purchase receipts
· Handle requests for information and data
· Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments for managers and supervisors
· Maintain office/jobsite trailer supply inventories
· Coordinate maintenance & deliveries of materials and equipment
· Review blueprints for equipment locations
· Provide clerical/administrative support for project team as requested
· Travel to assigned job locations
Wages and Benefits:
- Excellent wages
- Employee training and growth opportunities
- Cell phone discount through Verizon
- Employee appreciation events
- Ace Hardware discount
- Branded VI clothing store
After 30-day Introductory period Vaughn offers the following benefit package:
- 401k retirement plan with employer match 150% of the first 4% of employee deferral
· Paid holidays
· Paid vacation
· Medical, Rx, Short Term/Long Term disability and Life insurance – (no premium for employee coverage)
· Voluntary dependent health and life insurance
· Voluntary dental and vision
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Paid military and jury duty leave
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Salary will be based on proven past success.
Vaughn Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Vaughn Industries, LLCWhy Work Here?
“Through These Doors Walk the Finest Craftsmen in the Land” -- Competitive wages with benefits! Family owned!
Vaughn Industries, LLC is a contractor based in Carey, Ohio providing nationwide construction of Building Tomorrow's Energy Resources. From the first residential electrical job that Founder, Ron Vaughn, performed over 55 years ago, our services have grown into the industrial/commercial sectors, including electrical, mechanical (HVAC and Pipefitting), plumbing, high voltage substation, high voltage transmission and distribution, and renewable energy construction. We are ranked 111 out of the 600 specialty contractors by McGraw-Hill ENR. Vaughn Industries currently employs over 550 full-time employees between the corporate office in Carey, Ohio, our central Ohio office in Lewis Center OH.
7749 Green Meadows Drive NColumbus, OH