Low Voltage Technician
Vaughn Industries, LLC Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Posting for Low Voltage Technician 3.05.2020
Low Voltage Technician job summary
Vaughn Industries is a family owned construction company headquartered in Carey, Ohio that has been in business over 56 years. Vaughn has been built through a deep commitment to its customers for quality service and to its employees for a safe workplace where they can create a successful future. We offer careers in Electrical, Renewable Energy, Mechanical, and High Voltage construction trades. Vaughn Industries offers great wages and a full benefit package to all full time employees! Our culture is Safety Quality & Customer Satisfaction.
We currently have openings for Low Voltage Technicians in our Electrical Division. We are looking for technicians who are willing to work in Central Ohio region.
Requirements of a Low Voltage Technician:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1-5 years experience in this trade
· Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and experience of a Low Voltage Technician
· Excellent safety record and the ability to promote a safe and profitable work environment
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to perform work at varying heights in lifts
· Excellent communication skills
· Willing to travel daily to jobsites in all mobile work locations in Ohio
Duties will include:
· Pulling and installing low voltage type cabling (i.e.—voice, data, security, paging, coax, nurse-call, fiber optic, etc.)
- Cross connect cable
- Perform fiber splicing and termination
- Terminate cable according to color codes
- Test for polarity and connectivity and repair
- Install racks and patch panels
- Set up in computer rooms
· Coordinate and work with other trades on construction jobsites
Wages and Benefits:
· Excellent wages
· Employee Training and growth opportunities
· Overnight perdiem if applicable $100.00/night
· Cell phone discount through Verizon
· Employee Appreciation events
· ACE hardware employee discount
· Branded VI clothing store
After a 30 day Introductory period Vaughn offers the following benefit package:
· 401k retirement plan with employer match 150% of the first 4% of employee deferral
· Paid holidays
· Medical, Rx, and Life insurance (no premium to employee)
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Voluntary dependent health and life insurance
· Voluntary short and long term disability, dental and vision
· Unpaid Planned Time off (2 weeks)
· Paid funeral leave
· Paid military and jury duty leave
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Salary will be based on proven past success.
Vaughn Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Vaughn Industries, LLCWhy Work Here?
“Through These Doors Walk the Finest Craftsmen in the Land” -- Competitive wages with benefits! Family owned!
Vaughn Industries, LLC is a contractor based in Carey, Ohio providing nationwide construction of Building Tomorrow's Energy Resources. From the first residential electrical job that Founder, Ron Vaughn, performed over 55 years ago, our services have grown into the industrial/commercial sectors, including electrical, mechanical (HVAC and Pipefitting), plumbing, high voltage substation, high voltage transmission and distribution, and renewable energy construction. We are ranked 111 out of the 600 specialty contractors by McGraw-Hill ENR. Vaughn Industries currently employs over 550 full-time employees between the corporate office in Carey, Ohio, our central Ohio office in Lewis Center OH.