Vastek, Inc. Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Software Developer (Java) – Consultant will support the Enterprise Services organization by designing complex solutions in one key area.
The Senior Developer will be responsible for designing and developing software solutions that focus on industry standards in software engineering.
Solutions will primarily use Java EE framework utilizing a mix of open source and Commercial-off-the-Shelf platforms.
This position requires knowledge and experience with these environments as well as experience in detail requirements, analysis, software design and development, testing, and deployment. Creation of the associated artifacts and the communications skills to clearly articulate the goal of the development and the tradeoffs for solution selection are critically important. We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust solutions on a complex Medicaid engagement which includes scaling component solutions and operational data stores.
In this role, you will support the Enterprise Services organization for solution design and development utilizing Enterprise Architecture standards, Software Engineering best practices, and SOA component principles. Role-based security permissions for protection of Medicaid data is also a feature that must be defined and implemented as a part of solutions.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
• Design and develop platform and software solutions using the SCDHHS Technology Product Portfolio (TTP) which includes:
- OpenAPI standard
- SOLID software engineering principles
- Docker container infrastructure
- Kubernetes orchestration
• Participate in the assessment of current and emerging technology with a focus on technology capabilities and impact.
• Ensure that component planning/activities are aligned with the integration strategy.
• Collaborate with SCDHHS agency staff and vendors on the implementation requirements solution integrations.
Experience in designing and developing complex enterprise solutions within a service oriented architecture with specific experience including:
• Knowledge and development experience in a SOA environment.
• Design and development web services, Adapters, XML (XSLT, XPath, XQuery, etc.), JAVA or some other object oriented language, JAVA Script, CSS3; HTML5.
• Development of unit and integration tests.
• Experience with MarkLogic and RDLs
• Experience with Apache Nifi
• Experience with data mining and extraction technologies • Experience in Web Services technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, REST).
• Experience with Java Frameworks such as Apache or Spring • Knowledge of cloud platforms and environments.
• Exposure to Agile Methodologies.
• Demonstrable competence in SOLID programming principles.
• Demonstrable competence in the evaluation and use of design patterns.
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience with high-performance, open source web technologies • Experience in developing web applications • Experience with MarkLogic and RDLs • Experience with Apache Nifi • Experience with data mining and extraction technologies • Experience with OLTP and ODS • Experience with aggregate data stores • Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM • Experience with multi-business unit integrations • Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills • Able to work independently • Strong analytical and PROBLEM-SOLVING capabilities • Excellent PROBLEM-SOLVING skills; proven teamwork and communication skills • Experience in delivering end-to-end solutions • Proficient in OOD
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Master’s degree in Computer Science is not a substitute for undergraduate work.