Administrative Assistant- K
Department: Alumnae/i Affairs & Development Office
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Position Type: Staff
Posting Removal Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Number: 1001832
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and ResponsibilitiesThis position provides administrative and operational support to the Leadership Gifts program within the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development, supporting the Senior Director and providing assistance to a front-line fundraising team of Leadership Gift Officers. The position may also be asked to provide administrative support to the Director of Gift Planning.
- Generating various prospect lists and running reports prior to gift officer visits;
- Assist in preparing and editing spreadsheets, preparing letters, mail merges, labels, reports or other documents using Microsoft Office tools;
- Making travel arrangements for traveling staff;
- Monitoring the department's budget;
- Assisting the director and others with Workday expense reports;
- Reconciling corporate and purchasing credit cards;
- Establishing and maintaining records;
- Tracking correspondence and visits on ThankQ, the office's CRM;
- Scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar for the director;
- Updating manuals or other procedure information, and ensuring office supplies are on hand.
- Shares responsibility for answering the main 800 telephone line for the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of administrative support experience and/or training.
- Strong computer skills are required including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Google sheets, as well as a willingness and high comfort level in learning new databases and software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner are essential, as is the ability to multitask.
- Must work professionally with a diverse community of alumnae/i, students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be proactive and will possess a positive, problem-solving demeanor;
- Good judgment and discretion;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, have strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and multiple, competing priorities.
Required Applicant Documents
Contact Information for 3 References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. (Word or PDF format required.) Review of applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
Anticipated Start Date:
Anticipated End Date (If Applicable):
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu.
Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency