- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical Technologist I for VascularStrategies, LLC (job posting 5/31/2022).
VascularStrategies, LLC is a small company with both diagnostics and contract research laboratories. The diagnostics laboratory performs high-complexity laboratory derived tests, with a focus on cardiovascular disease risk and neurological disorders. Through our testing, we strive to provide high quality and personalized diagnostic service to our community.
For more information on our company, please visit: https://www.vascularstrategies.com/
Location: Plymouth meeting PA
Job type: full-time, salaried.
Benefits: Health insurance
Summary of duties:
The Medical Technologist is expected to conduct routine laboratory testing of patient specimens following the directions of the Supervisor. The Medical Technologist is expected to function in a semi-independent manner with support from the supervisor.
Performing appropriately requested clinical laboratory analyses on all types of laboratory specimens, produces and documents accurate laboratory results for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
1) Applies knowledge and skills to perform accurately, all routine and complex laboratory procedures for which competency has been established and authorization to perform testing has been granted. Follows all lab pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical procedures covering specimen, analytical test system and result reporting requirements.
2) Monitors, performs, and documents all Quality Control, maintenance and calibration procedures according to established protocols and accreditation agency standards. Identifies issues/factors that adversely affect test performance. Provides technical support to staff, and personnel to resolve any issues related to laboratory testing.
3) Starts up, shuts down, and performs maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments. Takes appropriate corrective action according to established procedures, when test system performance deviates from acceptable level. Immediately notifies Supervisor if unable to resolve test system issue.
4) Participates in Proficiency Testing and ensures proficiency testing is performed in the same manner as patient specimens. Maintains compliance with Proficiency Testing policies. As directed by the Supervisor, maintains and updates laboratory policies, procedure manuals and specified documents required for review by regulatory agencies.
5) Assists the supervisor in specified activities that ensure laboratory compliance with all accreditation agencies.
6) Demonstrates initiative in continually improving personal knowledge, skills, and work experience; and in improving departmental functioning.
7) Performs method validations, linearity, and parallel studies on all laboratory instruments as assigned.
8) Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area. Complies with all Laboratory, Safety and HIPPA regulations; notifies Supervisor if hazards are found. Maintains inventory of supplies needed to keep the laboratory in working order. Provides Supervisor with adequate notification when supplies need to be replenished. Displays willingness to adapt to changing company demands.
9) Performs duties in accordance with VascularStrategies policies and procedures.
Required knowledge, skills, and education:
1) Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting an Associate’s degree in a biological science major plus 3 months high complexity laboratory testing experience) as required by CLIA.
2) Basic laboratory skills including proficiency with micropipetting, preparation and dilution of standard solutions, reading scientific literature, aseptic technique, and operation/maintenance of standard biological instruments.
3) Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
4) Proficient with computers, including Microsoft word and Excel.
5) High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and experience:
1) Familiarity with the principles and performance of ELISA assays
2) Experience working with cell/tissue culture
3) Experience working in a CLIA licensed diagnostic laboratory.
VascularStrategies, LLCWhy Work Here?
Join a team of dedicated scientists bringing highly specialized testing to our contract research clients
5110 Campus DrivePlymouth Meeting, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at VascularStrategies, LLC