Tutor Operations Specialist (French Speaking)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is building a global on-demand expert network and is on a mission to help people learn by seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, anytime. The Tutor Operations Specialist will shift focus seasonally between tutor sourcing and tutor engagement responsibilities based on business need and demand. This role will serve different aspects of market operations connected but not limited to identifying high caliber tutor candidates, onboarding of tutors, and match-making of tutors and clients.
We are looking for candidates with an interest in working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. The ideal candidate easily adapts to the needs of the organization, is a problem solver and self-starter, and has a passion for fulfilling our company's mission of helping people learn.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company's purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy's comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy's flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation's largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/. The company publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange on September 21, 2021.
- Education-based professional experience preferred.
- Fluent in French
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly adaptable to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent judge of character.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment where priorities change quickly.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn business practices, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours per week), including some nights and weekends
- Screen candidates for tutor, group instructor, and educator roles (all independent contractors.
- Conduct interviews (video and phone) with candidates.
- Facilitate the tutor-setup process in the tutor marketplace.
- Assist in tutor onboarding and tutor support.
- Match clients with qualified tutors .
- Help tutors with questions, placements, and other engagement needs.
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- PTO, paid holidays, plus a floating holiday (for your birthday!)
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Similar: Tutor Engagement Specialist, Placement Coordinator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Relations, Education Specialist, Tutoring Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator (INDHP)
EducationView all jobs at Varsity Tutors