Senior Data Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Varsity Tutors is seeking an innovative Senior Data Analyst to join our team and work on impactful initiatives providing decision support to business leadership through quantitative analysis mining our data for opportunities, and technical development of new data pipelines and reporting. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for collecting, transforming, and organizing our data to find insights, make predictions, and drive to the next decision.
About Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is the leading direct-to-consumer platform for live online learning benefiting both learners and experts. We have built a comprehensive online learning destination that enables the delivery of scaled high-quality live expertise for learners of all ages across thousands of subjects and multiple learning formats through the application of technology and AI. We've raised $107M million in venture capital from TCV, Learn Capital, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. We also recently announced that Nerdy, the parent company of Varsity Tutors, plans to go public via a SPAC with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities later this year, with a $1.7 billion market valuation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Advanced proficiency with Excel or other analytical tool
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Ability to summarize large fields of data and present and visualize this information in a compelling, digestible fashion.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Ability to effectively communicate data and information to senior management.
- Comfortable diving deep into very large fields of data
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with data wrangling; experience working with data engineers to source and efficiently operationalize new data streams.
- Experience with Looker a plus.
- Forecasting or demand planning experience a plus
- Work with partners in respective domains to develop deep understanding of their use cases, data schema, develop metrics, and drive insights and decision making.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- Identify optimization opportunities, areas of high variance; provide guidance on operational improvements.
- Generate robust data reports at both high (summary) and low (verbose deep-dive) level. Clear presentation and communication of data and highlights is key.
- Strive to reduce friction through automation of reports, consolidation of data sources, and exploration of additional metrics and data points to track.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
- Remote friendly
- Work-life balance
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday (for your birthday!)
- Paid VTO ("Volunteer Time Off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Varsity Tutors