QA Manager (Customer Success)
Varsity Tutors Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our newly created Business to Educators (B2E) Team! The job of the Quality Assurance Manager is to design and execute the quality assurance program and coordinate solutions to issues that impact session quality. It is also the QA Manager's responsibility to ensure tutors comply with client-defined requirements. While the Quality Assurance Manager will sit organizationally on the B2E Customer Success team, it is by nature a cross functional position. The Quality Assurance Manager will work with B2E Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, and Market Operations to deliver continuous improvements to our platform and services to meet our quality objectives.
About Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is the leading direct-to-consumer, curated gig economy platform for live online learning benefiting both learners and experts. We have built a comprehensive online learning destination that enables the delivery of scaled high-quality live expertise for learners of all ages across thousands of subjects and multiple learning formats through the application of technology and AI. We've raised $107M million in venture capital from TCV, Learn Capital, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. In September 2021, Nerdy, the parent company of Varsity Tutors, went public via a SPAC with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities with a $1.7 billion market valuation.
- 5+ years cross functional experience, ideally including a mix of customer service, account management, operations, quality assurance, and/or product management roles.
- BA/BS required
- Demonstration of high judgment; exemplifies the leadership principles "Relentless Focus on Customers," "Bias for Action," and "Are Right, A Lot"
- Successful experiences working with and influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify the core of an issue and not get distracted by complexity and detail
- A strong orientation to deliver to customer needs, even when it's challenging or unpopular to advocate for internal change
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and high visibility
- High attention to detail and reliable follow through
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborate cross functionally to define, execute, and continuously improve the quality assurance program for B2E clients.
- Define and measure quality inputs, such as compliance to client-defined requirements, tutor preparedness, and platform ease of use.
- Define and measure quality outputs, such as student learning progress, client satisfaction, client references, and repeat purchases.
- Coordinate staffing, scheduling, processes, and tools for monitoring session quality.
- Measure and report results from QA Program tools.
- Recommend and coordinate process improvements and platform features to facilitate high quality learning experiences and improve client satisfaction.
- Lead the COE process for major defects that require intervention on behalf of our clients, such as replacing tutors when necessary and escalating issues that prevent student learning.
- Serve the subject matter expert for B2E client requirements and thought leader on inputs to client satisfaction and student progress
- Develop B2E materials to support tutor preparedness
- Assist product management efforts
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Varsity Tutors