Educational Sales Coordinator (Work from Home)
Varsity Tutors Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Varsity Tutors:
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is the leading direct-to-consumer, curated platform for live online learning benefiting both learners and experts. We have built a comprehensive online learning destination that enables the delivery of scaled high-quality live expertise for learners of all ages across thousands of subjects and multiple learning formats through the application of technology and AI. Nerdy, the parent company of Varsity Tutors, completed a business combination with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities in September 2021, and became a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "NRDY" with a $1.7 billion market valuation. Read more about Nerdy here: https://www.nerdy.com/
We succeed thanks to a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, to stay, and do their best work. If you love learning, technology, and making a true impact, you're going to love working here!
Varsity Tutors is looking for Educational Sales Coordinators to join our team! Varsity Tutors is revolutionizing how people learn with new innovative technology and offers a full suite of learning products that are tailored to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Come join our fast-growing team and help people get the educational help they need!
Educational Sales Coordinators will have consultative conversations with prospective students and families who have expressed interest in Varsity Tutors. Using a consultative approach, Educational Sales Coordinators will do a deep dive to understand the student's needs and make product/service recommendations that will help them achieve their learning goals. This is a remote position with with the potential for full-time permanent employment based on overall performance and job satisfaction. Educational Sales Coordinators will work closely with our sales and training teams and help ensure a positive experience for our prospective clients.
Upcoming Start Dates/Trainings
Paid virtual training will take place each Monday - Thursday, 9am-6pm CST with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Education, teaching, or tutoring experience is preferred
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- High empathy and emotional intelligence, with the ability to understand families' educational needs and make product/service recommendations
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict management skills and the ability to use high level judgement when managing student behavior
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- 30-40 hours per week, with strong preference for some evenings and weekends
- Outbound call-backs to potential customers who have requested tutoring, course or homeschool support
- Facilitate a consultative conversation to understand potential customer needs and recommend a customized solution
- Complete transactions and or schedule a follow-up conversation with prospective clients
- Attend paid live training facilitated remotely via Zoom and pre-recorded modules
- Strong preference for some evenings and weekends if available
- Opportunity for full-time employment opportunities depending on overall performance
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Company-issued laptop, headphones, and latest software
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- No sales experience? No worries! We offer a training program with ongoing career development and opportunities for growth.
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for families
- Become an expert in educational products and programs, including 1-on-1 tutoring, online classes, adaptive assessments, and home schooling
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)
BusinessView all jobs at Varsity Tutors