The Customer Service Representative answers incoming calls from customers/clients/colleagues, schedules appointments, answers questions, handles complaints, troubleshoots problems, and provides information.
Essential Job Functions
- Answer calls and transfer calls to correct departments.
- Manage and resolve customer inquires/complaints.
- Identify and escalate priority issues.
- Ensure a quality customer experience by relaying detailed and accurate information to the dispatcher and/or technicians in the field.
- Document all call information according to procedures.
- Follow up customer calls where necessary.
- Enter new customer information into the system.
- Update existing client/customer information.
- Research required information using available resources.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills / Knowledge Required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks.
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology.
- Experience in a call center or customer service environment.
- Proficient in basic computer knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect, and sensitivity to cultural/social differences.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Note: This job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Required)
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Plans
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Why Work Here?Family-owned and operated for over five decades, Varsity has grown to become a premier company. We achieve success by using only the best materials and equipment in the industry and providing top-notch workmanship on every single job. We continue to grow because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for the unparalleled value we provide. We’ve been at this for 50+ years. You’ve probably seen our trucks and heard our radio commercials. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when your passion and dedication are recognized. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How it feels to have customers rave about you. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
More than just a rewarding career, you'll find your home and future here at Varsity. Join our team and join the family!