We are: Rapidly expanding our team of Education Sales Consultants across the US!
Are You: Passionate, Driven, Ambitious, Tech-Savvy, & Entrepreneurial? Looking for an industry where your products are making the world a better place?
Would you like to: Work from home, enjoy an honest work/life balance, receive base pay + uncapped commission, collect a monthly vehicle & cell phone allowance, rack up travel perks, earn trips to places like Napa Valley & Cancun?
Your passion and skills will be rewarded at Varitronics, LLC, a premier provider of innovative technologies that improve how teachers teach and students learn. Our educational tools are currently being used in nearly 40,000 schools in the U.S. We are seeking a talented, high energy, self-assured and motivated individual to join our established yet entrepreneurial organization. As a sales representative (Education Consultant) you will be responsible for meeting monthly established sales quotas within an exclusive sales territory primarily via in-person product demonstrations as well as telephone and email communication. The position requires a consultative sales approach to proactively introduce product solutions primarily to the K-12 education market. You will work remotely in your sales territory. With periodic visits to the Corporate offices in Brooklyn Park, MN. Base Salary + Commission. Commission is uncapped so there is potential to grow this substantially based on your efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow an approved consultative sales process to complete an average of 6 sales presentations per week via scheduled self-booked on-site school appointments.
- Prospect, present, and follow up in order to create new customers and meet established demo and sales quotas, properly utilizing CRM system.
- Drive to school locations to provide on-site product training, professional development, and light technical assistance to both new and existing customers to encourage maximum product use and satisfaction.
- Maintain strong, ongoing working relationships with existing customers in order to enhance the customer experience resulting in future sales and referrals.
- Collaborate regularly with management and peers, both in Direct Sales and other departments, to contribute ideas for strategizing and executing sales opportunities and identifying areas for improvement.
- Provide regular sales forecasting as required by management.
- Follow established processes and procedures for gaining leads, quoting, placing orders, closing out won and lost opportunities, and introducing customers to their customer care specialist.
- Recommend and attend approved trade shows and conduct customer visits to establish relationships with new and existing customers, requiring occasional overnight travel.
- Participate and/or provide leadership on special projects as assigned in order to contribute to the overall success of the Company and sales team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, education or related field. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Educators with sales aptitude or successful sales experience highly desired.
- Previous consultative selling experience highly preferred.
- Strong telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional and business-oriented mindset with the ability to think strategically, quickly learn about the products and industries served, and solve practical problems.
- Be a self-starter, who proactively takes complete ownership and initiative within the assigned territory.
- Availability of home office and the self-motivation to work successfully from a remote setting.
- Proficiency with PC-based tools such as CRM system (Salesforce.com) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Integrity in every area of doing business.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds (e.g. onsite demonstrations and tradeshows).
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to schools for appointments 3 days per week.
- Availability for overnight travel, typically 3-4 nights per month.
VARITRONICS, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.