FOR CONSIDERATION, APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH COMPENSATION REQUIREMENTS (BASE+COMMISSION)
Are you passionate about education? Do you possess strong consultative sales skills? Do you want to be truly PASSIONATE about the products you are promoting?
Your passion and skills will be rewarded at Varitronics, LLC, a premier provider of innovative technologies that improve how teachers teach and students learn. Our educational tools are currently being used in nearly 40,000 schools in the U.S. We are seeking a talented, high energy, self-assured and motivated individual to join our established yet entrepreneurial organization. As a sales representative (Education Consultant) you will be responsible for meeting monthly established sales quotas within an exclusive sales territory primarily via in-person product demonstrations as well as telephone and email communication. The position requires a consultative sales approach to proactively introduce product solutions primarily to the K-12 education market. You will work remotely in your sales territory. With periodic visits to the Corporate offices in Brooklyn Park, MN. Base Salary + Commission. Commission is uncapped so there is potential to grow this substantially based on your efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow an approved consultative sales process to complete an average of 6 sales presentations per week via scheduled self-booked on-site school appointments.
- Prospect, present, and follow up in order to create new customers and meet established demo and sales quotas, properly utilizing CRM system.
- Drive to school locations to provide on-site product training, professional development, and light technical assistance to both new and existing customers to encourage maximum product use and satisfaction.
- Maintain strong, ongoing working relationships with existing customers in order to enhance the customer experience resulting in future sales and referrals.
- Collaborate regularly with management and peers, both in Direct Sales and other departments, to contribute ideas for strategizing and executing sales opportunities and identifying areas for improvement.
- Provide regular sales forecasting as required by management.
- Follow established processes and procedures for gaining leads, quoting, placing orders, closing out won and lost opportunities, and introducing customers to their customer care specialist.
- Recommend and attend approved trade shows and conduct customer visits to establish relationships with new and existing customers, requiring occasional overnight travel.
- Participate and/or provide leadership on special projects as assigned in order to contribute to the overall success of the Company and sales team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, education or related field. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Educators with sales aptitude or successful sales experience highly desired.
- Previous consultative selling experience highly preferred.
- Strong telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional and business-oriented mindset with the ability to think strategically, quickly learn about the products and industries served, and solve practical problems.
- Be a self-starter, who proactively takes complete ownership and initiative within the assigned territory.
- Availability of home office and the self-motivation to work successfully from a remote setting.
- Proficiency with PC-based tools such as CRM system (Salesforce.com) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Integrity in every area of doing business.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds (e.g. onsite demonstrations and tradeshows).
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to schools for appointments 3 days per week.
- Availability for overnight travel, typically 3-4 nights per month, and may include Canadian travel (Upstate NY and Pacific NW positions only).
VARITRONICS, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.