Warehouse - Packer
Varite Inc Ward Hill, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Package various products according to all safety rules and regulations (all chemical hazard classes).
- Ensure all products are packaged based on established Client policies and procedures.
- General upkeep of the Repackaging Area.
- Conduct daily warehouse maintenance.
- Adhere to all warehouse safety guidelines and specifications.
- Other duties within the warehouse as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and work instructions.
- Supports Client s commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process improvement opportunities throughout the Quality System.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and procedures in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Demonstrates technical and procedural proficiency and self-assuredness in applying EH&S standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups, regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to ensure an investigation is initiated.
- Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within department.
- Support the Company s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with people.
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Skills/Experience Valued but not Required:
- Experience in working in a chemical warehouse environment a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position may require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8 - 12 hour shift while standing with periodic walking. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Required to wear ASTM F 2413-05 (or ANSI Z41-1999) safety shoes while working in the warehouse.
Contingent Hourly (CWHR)-TEM.CWHR.A00
AddressWard Hill, MA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Varite Inc