Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences
Varite Inc Cockeysville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay Rate: XXX
Bill Rate: XXX
Shift: 7:30am-3:30pm, overtime as needed
When you join us at XXX Scientific, you ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of XXX billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. At XXX Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is located in Hunt Valley (HV), MD. Working in a team of scientists, Scientist I, manufacturing sciences will support HV quality reviews, creating standard operation procedures (SOPs), documentation alignment in Gibco Rapid Prototyping (GRP), managing raw material and supplies inventory. The scientist I will also support testing of finished goods, prioritization of additional testing and coordination of calibrations and annual preventive maintenances (PMs) for lab instruments. This position will work closely with Hunt Valley GRP and Grand Island GRP teams, procurement, quality, and product management as well as external and internal customers and vendors.
- Responsible for quality review of Hunt Valley GRP documents such as production batch records, labels, product inserts, testing requirements and other customer facing documents as required.
- Drafting and circulating for review and approval of HV SOPs, alignment of SOPs in GRP as required and regular updates of SOPs based on PPI events and other quality and departmental requirements.
- Manages HV GRP raw materials and supplies inventory.
- Coordinates equipment calibrations based on site requirements and annual preventive maintenances (PMs) for lab instruments
- Uses equipment such as pipettors, balances, osmometer, turbidimeter, moisture meter, particle sizer and pH meters.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Required to follow through on assigned responsibilities and able to function under minimum supervision.
- Responsible for promoting positive team environment through good communications and team engagement.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of business goals
- Requires a bachelor s degree (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology/Biomedical engineering or other related discipline with equivalent knowledge and experience) or Associate degree in sciences with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing/lab environment and relevant laboratory/practical work.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- High degree of proficiency in writing protocols and reports.
- Experience in quality control, quality assurance or quality engineering is a plus.
- Must be able to focus with continuous attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in high paced team environment, prioritize multiple workflows and projects.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At XXX Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.comSkill/Experience/Education
Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences
Contingent Hourly (CWHR)-TEM.CWHR.A00
ManufacturingView all jobs at Varite Inc