QC Scientist I
Varite Inc Bend, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shift: 6am - 2pm (40 hours - OT available)
The shift will start at 6 am and primary function will be analytical support of cleaning events for manufacturing. Additional analytical support will be for raw material, in-process and stability samples in fast paced GMP laboratory environment. Makes detailed observations and reviews; documents and communicates test results; recommends solutions. Authors SOPs, Deviation Reports, and Out of Specification Reports. Supports continuous improvement initiatives with respect to training and improving efficiency while maintaining quality.
1. Perform testing with the following instrumentation: HPLC, TOC, GC, PXRD, Dissolution, DSC, FT-IR and KF.
2. Records and reports results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
3. Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results.
4. Reviews and interprets analytical test results and makes recommendations based on data.
5. Collaborates with internal scientific, analytical, laboratory and quality functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
6. May interact with customers and auditors
7. Recognizes and reports out-of-specification or unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems; recommends solutions.
8. Maintains and troubleshoots analytical instrumentation as needed.
9. Writes SOPs and other instructional documents.
10. Maintains laboratory work space to ensure it is audit ready.
11. Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and safety guidelines. Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
Bachelor s of Science in Chemisrtry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related physical science
Typically requires no previous related experience. Experience performing chemical tests with chromatographic, spectroscopic, or other analytical technique preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Excellent critical and logical thinking skills to solve problems. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis as it relates to the pharmaceutical industry. Understanding of GMP and data integrity (ALCOA) is preferred. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write standard operating procedures, protocols, and reports.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pound pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. Safety glasses, safety shoes, lab coat, latex or similar gloves, safety apron, organic respirator occasionally.Skill/Experience/Education
QC Scientist 1
Contingent Hourly (CWHR)-TEM.CWHR.A00
ManufacturingView all jobs at Varite Inc