JR IT System Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Employee Classification: Salary/Exempt/Full-Time/Regular
Reports to: Group CIO
Goal(s) of this Position
- Keep the internal IT backbone 100% available.
- Keep the company up to date and evaluate new technologies in IT that could give the company a competitive advantage.
- Work within the parameters of the QM System to help Variosystems achieve general and company-specific quality efforts and growth goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Install, upgrade, support and maintain new server hardware and software infrastructure including hubs, routers, workstations, printers, and other peripheral devices
- Plan and implement future IT developments and undertake work projects
- Suggest and provide IT solutions to business and management problems
- Allocate network resources
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Monitor network usage and use of the web by employees
- Operate and maintain local area networks, track significant problems and monitor performance
- Administer backup and archiving system
- Ensure that all IT equipment complies with industry standards
- Analyze and resolve issues, whether it is a major system crash or a forgotten password
- Take routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet
- Train and support users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Maintain and develop documentation regarding network configuration, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software.
Responsibilities / Lead
- 1st/2nd level support
- Monitor Helpdesk
- Monitor Virusscan console
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users
- Strong knowledge of local area network architecture
- Computers and related technologies
- Infrastructure requirements and components of local area networks
- Microsoft networking infrastructure and operating systems
- Microsoft products such as MS Office and MS Windows
- Local area network protocols and diagnostic tools
- Matching 401k
- Employee only company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employee only, company paid Basic Life & ADD Insurance
- Employee only, company paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?