IT SYSTEMS SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
- Posted: 4 days ago
Variosystems is an international electronics service provider that is focused on customers and customer products. With our globally uniform footprint we offer complete end-to-end solutions. From products design to finished electronic assemblies, devices or systems with wire harness solutions. All this is accomplished with world class customer support throughout the entire life cycle, including logistics and end-of-life service.
Employee Classification: Salary/Exempt/Full-Time/Regular
Reports to: Group CIO
Goal(s) of this Position
- Evaluate new technologies in IT that could give the company a competitive advantage and stay on cutting edge.
- Work and lead projects of strategic importance like Hybrid Cloud , IOT, Security solutions to promote a secure high efficiency work environment, automation and enhancing digitized business process workflows
- Work within the parameters of the QM System to help Variosystems achieve general and company-specific quality efforts and growth goals.
- Help on integration of M&A targets
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement future IT developments and undertake work projects
- Suggest and provide IT solutions to business and management problems
- Allocate project resources
- Ensure utilization of the most cost-effective and efficient use of HW/SW/Services and plan and budget for licensing and subscription cost or outsourced services.
- Ensure that all IT equipment and configurations comply with industry standards
- Analyze and resolve issues
- Take routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet
- Train and support users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Train technical staff to follow proper operating procedures necessary to maintain the integrity of the network
- Participate in both long and short term technology planning
- Maintain and develop documentation regarding network configuration, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software and implementations.
- Supervise technical support staff as needed
Responsibilities / Lead:
Evaluating and Plan O365 hybrid implementation / rollout
Including finance budget planning for licenses and subscriptions
Advise on Edge Security implementations
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- MCSE preferred
- 20 years+ experience
- Strong knowledge of
- Efficient planning and executing
- Computers and related technologies
- Security requirements and applications
- Infrastructure requirements and components of hybrid cloud implementations
- Microsoft networking infrastructure and operating systems
- Microsoft products such as MS Office,O365 and MS Windows
- Local and Wide area network architecture, network protocols and diagnostic tools
- Matching 401k
- Employee only company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employee only, company paid Basic Life & ADD Insurance
- Employee only, company paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?