To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account.
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click HereSummaryProvides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers' needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.Job Description
OTHER SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES
- Provide phone support/remote assistance to customers and to Field Service Representatives as required to achieve resolution of service need in a timely manner.
- Order spare parts for assigned customers including replenishing spare parts kits for warranty and contract customers, to ensure they can operate their Varex equipment according to technical and safety guidelines with the highest level of satisfaction.
- Input detailed records of service visits into company information systems, including technical problems, actions taken and parts employed to correct these problems, to ensure accurate updated customer maintenance information is available to other Varex parties.
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation, in order to permanently keep informed regarding all operating characteristics, design factors, technical performance and developments of Varex products.
- Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and safety consciousness according to Varex guidelines in order to perform activities under the safest working conditions.
- Report by means of FSR's, time sheets, expense reports, etc. regularly to ensure accurate company statistical data on customer-oriented activities is available.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge
- Expert professional experience with electronic and electro-mechanical engineering, testing equipment used for verification, checkout and calibration of electronic equipment.
- Sound knowledge of and professional technical experience with micro-computers/PC based systems
- Customer focused attitude
- Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication
- Fluency in the local language and in English, both written and spoken
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Sound computer usage and debugging skills
- Ability to identify and repair routine software and network problems.
- Proficient at diagnosing and solving moderately complex mechanical problems, including simple vacuum leaks.
- Identify and resolve simple imaging system defects.
Required Certifications and Training
- Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility.
Experience Level with Business Tools
- Familiar with business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instruction only on new assignments.
Typical Education and Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years of related experience
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Environment and Physical Demands
- As described in the job posting
Ability to Travel
- Travel required. See the job posting for more information.
Time Type:Full time
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.