Ensures legal compliance with applicable export and import laws and regulations and provides import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations. Varex seeks a trade compliance analyst to perform various trade related functions to ensure smooth import/export operations and facilitate the Company’s global business.
Varex Trade Compliance’s ideal candidate is a recent graduate (Baccalaureate) or anticipated graduation in Spring 2020 with interest in International Business, International Relations, Economics, or Business Administration (Logistics).
• Perform import screening, collect and organize commercial documents, and electronically file import entries to U.S. Customs using 3rd-party software.
• Monitor and track 3rd-party software for inbound shipments placed on Customs or FDA Hold, resolve any clearance delays in a timely matter.
• Performs steps necessary to obtain U.S. customs clearance.
• Audit import and export shipment documentation including customs clearance and EEI/AES export filings.
• Communicate with freight forwarders, carriers, port terminals, buyers, logistics/shipping department, and vendors when needed.
• Review and assist with import and export compliant commercial invoices, packing lists and other required documentation.
• Review and process export order holds by analyzing business transactions for export control and other sanctions requirements.
• Administer the embargoed country, restricted party screening, and export controlled shipment process.
• Support accuracy and help maintain robust global trade compliance data within SAP and other parts lists databases.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience Level with Business Tools
- Strong computer skills including ability to research transactions and prepare required documentation, perform spreadsheet calculations, and quickly learn new software tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle complex details, work calmly under pressure and with frequent interruptions, and display sound judgment.
- Effective and flexible team player, with ability to work well with cross-functional departments and teams
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in solving complex business problems.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Normally receives little or no instruction on day to day work; general instructions on new assignments.
Typical Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or Associates Degree with equivalent experience) with 0-2 years of related experience.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Environment and Physical Demands
- As described in the job posting
Ability to Travel
- Travel may be required. See the job posting for more information.