Job Description Summary
Varex’s imaging technology helps our customers see more clearly. When you join Varex’s Imaging Components, you’re becoming part of a 50-plus-year history of dedication to the imaging industry. Our imaging component solutions are designed for use in high-speed, high-quality, wireless, and digital imaging systems around the world. Thousands of specialized X-ray tubes, flat-panel digital detectors, and imaging software are developed within Imaging Components. Our highly specialized medical imaging solutions provide the technology behind the products relied upon for critical decisions every day. Within Imaging Components, our Security and Industrial team works to ensure public safety by providing integrated solutions for the most challenging industrial inspection needs. Leveraging our linear accelerator technology in X-ray computerized tomography systems, you can help build the most advanced cargo screening equipment currently utilized in securing the world’s major ports and borders.
We are currently looking for an SR IT Systems Support Specialist to support our Salt Lake City, UT facility.
The successful candidate will provide day-to-day technical support to employees for internal computer systems, software and hardware. This candidate will also work closely with the systems and network engineering departments to take on administrative responsibility for all systems within the global environment. This includes administrative responsibility for Active Directory, the Varex virtualization infrastructure, diverse backup solutions and network hardware.
• Help to establish and apply administration standards
• Remain current with technology and industry/market trends
• Experience administrating an Active Directory environment including building/managing users and groups, setting permissions as well as creating and managing GPOs
• VMware responsibilities including building Virtual Machines, documentation and administration
• CLI experience with managed network devices to include switches, routers, and other network devices and technologies. Juniper experience preferred Cisco experience acceptable
• Regular collaboration and communication with teams and end-users
• Patch management administration and automation utilizing tools such as WSUS, SCCM, SolarWinds and Manage Engine
• Provide administrative troubleshooting and technical support of systems for supported business units
• Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures
• Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets
• Automate any and all tasks that can be automated
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers, and systems/network engineers
§ Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of users and management in the organization.
- Must have strong troubleshooting, analytic, and problem solving skills.
- Works effectively in teams.
• Experience with virtualization technologies VMWare preferred
• Experience with backup/restore technologies
• Familiarity with AD, SCCM, SolarWinds and other related platforms
• Associates degree from technical college
• Experience with administrative tasks, troubleshooting network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware.
• Travel is 25%